First 2012 Sausage

Started by NePaSmoKer, January 01, 2012, 06:46:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Here is my first batch of sausage for 2012.

Doing 5 lbs of course grind venison for some chili, then 10 lbs venison for some hot Italian. I will be grinding poke with the HI.

Everything clean and sanitized and ready to grind.....After i get back from brunch with my wife....HA

BBL

SouthernSmoked

Dang Rick, I like that bowl.....that thing would stay chilled for awhile.

SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

NePaSmoKer

5.5 lbs of course grind venison for chili

Bagged and ready

Sweet Italian 4 3/4 lbs

Stuffing tomorrow.

Hot Italian 5 lbs

Stuffing tomorrow

lumpy

No time off?   .......Eh :D

anderson5420

Uh...to get venison, you have to kill a deer, right?  At my house, the deer in the backyard are our daily entertainment, we enjoy the heck out of them. Mom, Dad and Bambi.  Kill them?  I don't think so, not at our house!  Pigs, on the other hand....
So many recipes, so little time!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: anderson5420 on January 01, 2012, 06:15:43 PM
Uh...to get venison, you have to kill a deer, right?  At my house, the deer in the backyard are our daily entertainment, we enjoy the heck out of them. Mom, Dad and Bambi.  Kill them?  I don't think so, not at our house!  Pigs, on the other hand....

I dont recall saying anything that i killed one  :o

Lots of hunters on this forum, lets not start a p!$$ing match .....EH

ghost9mm

I killed two doe on friday with crop damage permits and we have 42 more that have to come off this 1778 acre farm till the end of march, we hung the two deer in the spring house till today to get body heat out, we removed the back straps and ground the rest in to burger.
any other meat that comes from the harvest of the 42 deer will be donated to the local food bank and given to those that need it. and it is always deeply appreciated.
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: ghost9mm on January 01, 2012, 06:36:52 PM
I killed two doe on friday with crop damage permits and we have 42 more that have to come off this 1778 acre farm till the end of march, we hung the two deer in the spring house till today to get body heat out, we removed the back straps and ground the rest in to burger.
any other meat that comes from the harvest of the 42 deer will be donated to the local food bank and given to those that need it. and it is always deeply appreciated.

Thats great that y'all do that Gary

Next season here i will be going  out.

I'm getting a tad missing home  :-\

NePaSmoKer

NePaSmoKer

So there i was trying to be sneaky with getting the KC out to stuff when SWMBO said I DONT THINK SO, Outside with that then. CR@PPERS  :o

So had to get a cranker out.

Did the sweet Italian 1st. Had a fry up and had to adjust the mix. All is good.

Now the hot

No adjustment needed on this mix.

All is ready to pick up.

lumpy

Spoke to Kirby the other day day he told me of a story of a member ;) that blew his water line in the kitchen and tried to grab the end of the hose instead of shutting the water off  ;D ;D.....to funny

So....obey the SWMBO :o

Nice looking, once again Rick!
Flying home tomorrow.

Lump

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: lumpy on January 02, 2012, 10:38:30 AM
Spoke to Kirby the other day day he told me of a story of a member ;) that blew his water line in the kitchen and tried to grab the end of the hose instead of shutting the water off  ;D ;D.....to funny

So....obey the SWMBO :o

Nice looking, once again Rick!
Flying home tomorrow.

Lump

Now who had that happen?

DOH

Hey Chrystal is going to Florida for a week training. She will look for CBS.

lumpy

And the KC is moving in to the kitchen for the week 8)