• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Oven shuts off ... !!

Started by ldalcorn, January 01, 2012, 05:37:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ldalcorn

Hi - I'm a new owner, and new to this forum.  I apologize if this problem has been addressed on another thread, but I wasn't able to find it.

So...I have owned a couple of smokers before I bought this new digital six-rack.  I love how easy it is, and I love the "set and forget" feature.  I've done a couple of turkeys, briskets, ribs, etc., and today I tried my first batch of homemade summer sausage. 

I set the smoker for 3 hours, and the oven for 6 hours at 180 degrees.  I left to do some shopping and when I returned, I noticed the oven temp was still set for 180, but the actual temp was 70!  I unplugged everything, then plugged it all back in, thinking that maybe I had a loose power connection somewhere.  Voila...the heating element started working, and the temperature began to rise.  I left again, to finish my errands, and when I returned, the temp was once again down to 70.

I had to pull the sausages out and finish them in the home oven, and now I have no faith that I can ever leave this thing alone again. 

Any suggestions?  Should I contact Bradley?  If this a common problem?  Is the heating element dying, or is a circuitry problem?

BTW...the smoker works just fine; its just the oven where I'm experiencing problems. 

Thanks in advance for any help...I love the design of this thing, but I have no faith in it right now...!!

GusRobin

the digital shuts off after at a certain point, don't remember if it is 12 or 9. Someone will come along and give more specifics.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

3rensho

I have an OBS but if memory serves the digital smokers use a 16 bit buffer in the timer and need to be reset after every nine hours +- for long smokes.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.