• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

FOOT CONTROL FOR THE KIRBY CANNON

Started by pikeman_95, January 02, 2012, 11:09:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin A

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on January 03, 2012, 07:16:54 PM
;D ;D ;D

My wife wont let me have mine in the kitchen (when she is home)

I gotta work on my leak problems.
Depends?  ;)

Awesome work, Kirby. And I must honestly say, I'm totally intimidated and lost by what you've posted here.

- Kevin

pikeman_95

;D ;D ;D

Rick
I would suggest you might get some brass hose inserts with some good hose clamps and replace the screw together plastic hose connections. Where else did you get some leaks?

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: pikeman_95 on January 03, 2012, 09:23:33 PM
;D ;D ;D

Rick
I would suggest you might get some brass hose inserts with some good hose clamps and replace the screw together plastic hose connections. Where else did you get some leaks?

The valves connections are tight, connections to the stuffer are tight, its the T where i am getting the leak. Took it apart and treated the thread and still getting it. Maybe i need to get a new T. My wife told me last night that if i can get the leak thing fixed that i can use it inside.....YAY  ;D

pikeman_95

If you have re-doped the T and it still leaks you might have a small crack in the fitting. What are you using for dope? I have found the white teflon filled dope works bets on plastic fittings. What ever you will get it fixed and be back in the house. That is great news. You might set your stuffer in a rubber tote lid. Then any leak you might suffer will be caught and easily cleaned up. I have done that and it gives my wife a feeling of confidence.

This seems to make my wife happy. I still seem to be able to get meat where it shouldn't be.

Kirby

pikeman_95

Quote from: Kevin A on January 03, 2012, 08:10:50 PM
;D ;D ;D

Depends?  ;)

Awesome work, Kirby. And I must honestly say, I'm totally intimidated and lost by what you've posted here.

- Kevin

Kevin
If you decide to do it some day I will talk you through it. It sure works well. I love to have my hands totally free and have the piston stop instantly. Plus everything is on one cutting board so you always have every thing you need in one place.
KC

Sam3

Kirby, you're stuffer speaks to my heart. I'm plumber by trade.  ;D

I would definitely like to learn more about this Cannon myself.

pikeman_95

Sam
send me a PM with your personal email and I will send you some info.

KC

Sam3

Fisher

Awesome job Kirby?.. On all aspects.

Happy Smoking

Fisher

Sorry kirby don't know where that ?... Mark came from.

Happy Smoking

devo

The ? mark probably came from whats he going to build next  ;D

Mr Walleye

Nice job Kirby.

Excellent as always!  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

dasmoke

Question for you Devo,
What kind of appliance or machine would have a solonoid like that?  I kind of like the junk digging kind of way of finding supplies. 
Thank you,
Dasmoke

pikeman_95

Dasmoke

I did locate that relay in the junk box at work and it works great. But thinking that not everyone would have access to something like that I did a little research and found a 120 volt coil 10 amp cube relay at Radio Shack for $10 bucks. It has spade connections on the bottom but that should not be an issue.
Kirby

devo

Quote from: dasmoke on January 11, 2012, 06:00:25 AM
Question for you Devo,
What kind of appliance or machine would have a solonoid like that?  I kind of like the junk digging kind of way of finding supplies. 
Thank you,
Dasmoke

Those types of solenoid valves are used in many industries but I don't think you find them in common house hold appliances. I work in the pulp & paper industry and we have them all over the mill so it was just a matter of finding the right instrumentation guy to talk to that would leave the right ones that I wanted lying around.  ;) If you catch my drift.