Just a little Chicken

Started by OntarioSmoke, March 03, 2014, 12:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OntarioSmoke

Hey,

I tried some thighs and legs a few weeks back in the smoker and really enjoyed the tasty marinade of citrus and Italian dressing I used but was at the grocery store a week ago and saw a great deal on some small whole roasting chickens and couldn't resist.  My only mistake was not buying 3 or 4 more to do.  I made a herbed butter for under the skin and then coated it with EVOO and some salt and pepper and let it go with a combination of pecan and hickory smoke. 

After letting it smoke I pulled it and finished under the broiler to crisp up the skin and it was so moist delicious.  Made for a great meal and another excellent experience with the BDS.  Will definitely be looking for the next sale on these birds and will be doubling down so they will last more than a day.

All prepped and ready for the smoker

Fresh from the smoker and ready for a quick trip into the oven to crisp up.

The last picture before a leg was torn off as a sample.

barbquebec

Good looking bird and great job,Ontariosmoke. 8)

OldHickory

That looks moist and real tasty.  Nice job.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

Smoke some

I bet it did not last very long.   ;)

BigRich

That looks great!  Ever try Jan's on them?  We do two at time and buy 8 at a time.  They are awesome!

WoodlawnSmoker

Looks really nice.  We did two a couple of weeks ago and tore one apart to freeze to add as an ingredient for other chicken recipes.  The smoke really adds some zip.

RedJada

I could eat that all by my self. Great job.

OntarioSmoke

@BigRich Haven't tried Jans rub on the whole bird but did do some legs and they were great.  Actually use Jan's on a number of things including some ribs I did over the weekend, love the stuff.

BigRich

Really.  I'll have to try that EVOO then.  Thanks.

Edit:  just told the wife about it and she told be what it was.  Damn do I feel dumb

pjplovedog

That is some lovely looking chicken.  I can't wait until the rain goes away so I can go out and turn on the smoker!!!

:)