Had a Busy Day

Started by JZ, October 21, 2012, 07:33:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JZ

Lat night I made up a batch of breakfast sausage that I would shoot this morning plus a batch of mock Soy Vey that is resting in the fridge waiting for my next jerky. Got up this morning to find this outside.
]
]

Took the dog for a walk then came back and shot the breakfast sausage. Here is a pic of the mix before shooting.
]

Here it is all shot and ready to go into the freezer. Note that there is no casing. The recipe and the no casing approach is copied from a previous OU812 post. I have had this before and it is very good. Thanks OU812. ;D
]
]

Here is the left over meat from the shooter being fried up. Man this stuff is good.
]

I took it down to the freezer and will take it out tomorrow, cut it into lengths, package and put back into the freezer. Dropped one of the trays onto the floor before it made it to the freezer.  >:( Had to salvage what I could and reshoot it.

Then I ran into town to get some ingredients I needed for some chicken, basil, cheese sausage and Thai chicken recipes posted by Kevin A earlier.

Here are the ingredients for the Thai recipe all measured out and ready to mix with the chicken.
]

Here is the thai chicken all mixed and ready for an overnight rest in the fridge.
]

Here are the chicken, basil, cheese ingredients all ready to meet the chicken. I added 3/4 cup of apple juice to the list of ingredients and I couldn't get fresh basil so I used some dry stuff but cut the amount by over 1/2. Fried up a patty and it was very good.
]

And here it is getting ready for the mix up.
]

I was going to stuff the sausage tonight but it took a lot longer than anticipated and I got tired so said to H*ll with it and will stuff tomorrow. I am now sitting at the computer having a cold one while I post. ;D Don't want to take the enjoyment out of making sausage.

I now realize that I need to find a faster way to mince garlic and chop up the other ingredients. It takes way too long doing it by hand, although I do like the end result. Maybe I need to get a food processor.

mikecorn.1

Looking good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

OU812

Gotta love that skinless breakfast sausage  ;D

Glad ya liked the recipe

I gotta try that chicken sausage some time,,,,,,,,,,,looks soooo gooood

NePaSmoKer

Like the sausage

Hate the white stuff  :o