Smoked Onions

Started by nodak, January 19, 2006, 02:59:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nodak

Seen recipe for smoked onion soup and know seeking every one's knowledge.  I wondering temp and time for smoking onions.  And should they be whole, sliced or diced?

Thanks,

"If you're not living on the edge, You're taking up way too much room, so get the he-- out of my way."

Oldman

When I smoke something else I fill in the open areas with onions and other stuff.

2 hours is what I allow for most "other" stuff. Onions Peeled and cut into quarters. Vacuum pack if I've done a lot and freeze.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

manxman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Seen recipe for smoked onion soup<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

If it turns out well, could you post the recipe nodak, sure it would appeal to a few people. Thanks.

Manxman.
Manxman

IKnowWood

I am going to be posting a great Onion Soup recipe in the recipe-in-development concept that I did a few weeks ago.  I smoked 6 onions with hickory for 1 hour 40 minutes at 200 degrees.  Onions were quartered on 2nd to lowest rack.

I let onions rest for 1 week in a bag in fridge, not frozen then we made the soup.  Got a little left we will each this weekend.  Best onion soup I ever had.  Look out for the recipe post coming soon.
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes