Whoops

Started by car54, January 16, 2006, 12:11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

car54

I had the Bradley on a timer so that when I woke up it would be preheated. I forgot to disconnect it and I noticed that the temps were getting colder because the timer turned itself off. It was off for about an hour. Man, does it take along time to get it back to where it was. It looks like a late night with no brisket.

Brad

JJC

Sorry to hear that, Car54 . . . have you considered getting a Mav ET-73 or something similar?  It has high and low alarm functions on both temp probes.  It's about $40, but a couple of night's sleep or food that doesn't get over-cooked makes it pay for itself!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

IKnowWood

Brad, so were you off for an hour in cook time, or was the meat in it cooking and on process when the timer had a turn off preset?

I have the ET and have not figured out the low temp alarm.  I watch that thing like a hawk still while it works.  I have not gotten comfortable leaving it alone.  I figures Once I get a TS or something like that, then I would use tha alarms.  I am thinking a second TS wired with circuit interupt breaker to shut off the unit when meat temp hits.  And a sensor to catch that as well to tell me "the meat is done, come FTC the beast"

IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

car54

I was not really concerned about it being off for an hour. When it was off it was at the 160 degree area and you know how long it takes to get through that. This situation probably added 3 hours to the cook time.

Brad

car54

I was not really concerned about it being off for an hour. When it was off it was at the 160 degree area and you know how long it takes to get through that. This situation probably added 3 hours to the cook time.

Brad

IKnowWood

So late night sandwich or early morning snack?  That is one of those "ouch" I wanted some sleep mistakes.
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes