Need some direction / HELP

Started by mikecorn.1, January 20, 2012, 07:02:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

watchdog56

I have vac sealed for months and they are still great.

mikecorn.1

Thank you all for the info. It is greatly appreciated. :) I'm at work and my co-worker is at home hopefully making some sausage. He made me give him the link to this thread so he could use it as a guide. We'll see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

anderson5420

My experience as well.  I stopped using the Maverick ET71 for that reason, and now just check when I think it ought to be about there with an instant read digital.  Kind of like to get my money back for the ET71, I could use it to buy some meat!

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on January 20, 2012, 10:15:41 AM
80/20 lean to fat

I dont keep a temp probe in the meat, gives false reading and acts as a heat sink.
So many recipes, so little time!

mikecorn.1

Quote from: anderson5420 on January 22, 2012, 07:14:58 AM
My experience as well.  I stopped using the Maverick ET71 for that reason, and now just check when I think it ought to be about there with an instant read digital.  Kind of like to get my money back for the ET71, I could use it to buy some meat!

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on January 20, 2012, 10:15:41 AM
80/20 lean to fat

I dont keep a temp probe in the meat, gives false reading and acts as a heat sink.
Thanks for the tip. Guess I will have to tell my buddy he's just Gonna have to gain more experience. Play it by LOOKS. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike