element stopped working

Started by BillyFL, January 21, 2012, 10:30:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillyFL

My element stopped working, so I ordered a new one and it still does heat. I checked the fuse, the digital smoke generator is working fine, but not heat. could it be the thermostat? and can I just order that one part? I don't see it listed on the website.

Please Help

devo

When you say you checked the fuse which one? the one you have to take the back panel off to get at?

devo

There is a thermal fuse under the back cover, you need to remove the panel to get to it. You can jumper it to see if the element starts to work. If it does than you can order a new thermal fuse from bradley

Bradley (Head Office)

Quote from: devo on January 21, 2012, 10:43:06 AM
There is a thermal fuse under the back cover, you need to remove the panel to get to it. You can jumper it to see if the element starts to work. If it does than you can order a new thermal fuse from bradley

Hi Billy

The fuse that Devo described looks like this and it is behind the back cover of the smoker tower.

Brian.

KyNola

So you have a digital unit?  Check to make sure that the power jumper cable from the smoke generator to the tower is firmly plugged in.  Unplug both ends and plug in again using a very firm push.