Quick N' Easy Cheesy Meat Sticks

Started by Kevin A, February 05, 2012, 08:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam3

Great looking sticks Kevin. I like the additions you made to the Legg #116. Were you happy with that combination of ingredients?

pensrock

Great looking sticks, good job.  :)

Kevin A

Quote from: Sam3 on February 08, 2012, 04:02:11 AM
Great looking sticks Kevin. I like the additions you made to the Legg #116. Were you happy with that combination of ingredients?
Sam, the #116 by itself makes a pretty good stick, but the additional 'stuff' I added just kicked it up a notch.

First, the sharp cheddar is great! The boys say "you can really taste it"—which is a good thing. ;) One pound was plenty.

The BBQ sauce made 'em a bit sweeter which really goes well with the smokiness. I could've even added more than I did.

The ECA gave the sticks that nice 'tang' that is definitely 'there' but not so much as to overwhelm & cause face-pucker.

Re: the Sriracha— I only used 1/4 cup as I was a bit cautious to not make these too hot. Very subtle heat. Me, personally, I'd add MORE because I like a more prominent BURN. However, I'm in the minority regarding 'hot sticks' in my household, so 'mildly hot' will have to do.

-Kevin

Sam3

Quote from: Kevin A on February 08, 2012, 09:11:44 AM
Quote from: Sam3 on February 08, 2012, 04:02:11 AM
Sam, the #116 by itself makes a pretty good stick, but the additional 'stuff' I added just kicked it up a notch.

First, the sharp cheddar is great! The boys say "you can really taste it"—which is a good thing. ;) One pound was plenty.

The BBQ sauce made 'em a bit sweeter which really goes well with the smokiness. I could've even added more than I did.

The ECA gave the sticks that nice 'tang' that is definitely 'there' but not so much as to overwhelm & cause face-pucker.

Re: the Sriracha— I only used 1/4 cup as I was a bit cautious to not make these too hot. Very subtle heat. Me, personally, I'd add MORE because I like a more prominent BURN. However, I'm in the minority regarding 'hot sticks' in my household, so 'mildly hot' will have to do.

-Kevin

Good stuff Kevin. Thanks for sharing.

OU812

viper125

Great looking and i'll bet great tasting sticks.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

bundy

GREAT PRESENTATION KEVIN !!  wish I could do that :-X Could you send me a 2# sample?????????

Kevin A

Well, the sticks are now...GONE, GONE, GONE!!!

Only about 5 days later, and between the boys & me, nearly 8 pounds of these cheesy sticks are history.  :'(

Dang, it feels good though to put in the effort, time & expense and to have it so well appreciated!

Bigger batch next time!

-Kevin

Gone...but not forgotten.....   :)

wyrman

Those look so good Kevin. I need to get some containers like you have,

viper125

I've been buying our coffee in the plastic screw on top containers.  Great for stuff like this.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

Kevin A

Quote from: wyrman on February 11, 2012, 09:52:45 PM
Those look so good Kevin. I need to get some containers like you have,
From Costco....

sparky1

wow, simply fantastic job.  those looked so good.  how much would it cost to ship one of those containers to california.  that sure looks like good stuff to me.
26.75 OTG
18.5 WSM

Kevin A

Quote from: sparky1 on February 12, 2012, 08:31:27 AMhow much would it cost to ship one of those containers to california.  that sure looks like good stuff to me.
Sparky, probably not much....as I live in Nor Cal.  :) ;)

-Kevin