Heater Element

Started by DBWCigar, September 22, 2012, 05:54:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DBWCigar

I just replaced my heater element and need to cook a ton of Baby backs today.. But it too isn't heating up.. I have checked my fuse on the digital box and all my connections.. Before this the older element was intermittent.. So I bought this one to fix that ...

Any suggestions help...

Dave

DBWCigar

OK smokers...  I hooked power directly to the unit, bypassing the generator, and the element lights up like a champ.. Suppose that means I got a generator issue or something? I know the connection to the smoker pad works and will allow me to generate smoke...

Is there a way to contniue with this or fix this so I can use he smoker today?

Dave

beefmann

try to reconnect the jumper cable from the smoke generator and cabinet being  sure there are  seated well... if that  does not  work,,, open the  smoke generator look for a  loose connection and fix it,,,and maybe  re seat any and all  connections

DBWCigar

Yes sir... Thus far so good.. I tightened and reviewed all electrical sources... Currently she is heating up and at 210 degrees (the desired temp for today!!).. Looks like I have two elements now so I might as well figure out the hook up plan for two elements..

Thanks!!!

Dave

beefmann

sounds like you  found the  issue and good luck with your smoke

rexster

You won't regret adding the second element just make sure you have some type of a PID to control it all
Stainless 4 rack Bradley
6 Rack DBS w/second heat element
Auber PID
7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
Jenn-Air 75000 btu gas grill w/sear burner
Weber Performer charcoal grill
Portable Kitchen All Aluminum Charcoal Grill
2 MES 40" smokers
PK360 Grill
Vacmaster 320 Vacuum Chamber Sealer

DBWCigar

Can someone send me the appropriate link/instructions that will guide me through setting up the second element? What is a PID? the digital box wouldn't control it all?

Dave

Toker

rexster

Stainless 4 rack Bradley
6 Rack DBS w/second heat element
Auber PID
7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
Jenn-Air 75000 btu gas grill w/sear burner
Weber Performer charcoal grill
Portable Kitchen All Aluminum Charcoal Grill
2 MES 40" smokers
PK360 Grill