chili a la moose

Started by slowpoke, February 19, 2012, 05:48:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slowpoke

I got the $20,000 recipe for chili on the net.Sub'ed 3#of moose burger for the meat.Word can't discribe the flavor burst in your mouth.I would love to beable to share a pot with you all,so this is the clossest I can get.
http://www.momswhothink.com/easy-recipes/best-chili-recipe.html

Enjoy
If your looking back at the things you missed,You won't know what hit you.

Ka Honu

Sorry to burst your bubble but, while I'm sure it's good, any chili that uses commercial chili powder instead of whole chiles can't possibly be the "best."  We won't even get into the argument about tomato being an ingredient of pasta sauce, not chili.

slowpoke

When I first started cooking,mom told me that all recipes are guide lines.The amounts and ingredients.What you make of it,is yours.
Bubble still intact.

Mr Walleye

Tomato... no tomato. Chili powder... whole chilies.

Don't mention anything about beans... no beans!  :o  ;D

Regardless... It's your taster that matters. Looks good to me!  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

SnellySmokesEm

Looks good to me...  I agree recipes are guidelines.  I usually take 2-3 recipes and conbine my favorite parts of each one.  As for the pork in this recipe I would use leftover rib trimmings that I save all year as a substitute.  I bookmarked the link, thanks! 
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

JZ

I love chili - the wife not so much. To her there is no such thing as the BEST chili - because there is no such thing as a "GOOD" chilli. She just doesn't like chili. She likes COTTAGE CHEESE - I can't stand it!!!! But I still love her - just won't kiss her after she eats rotten milk.  ;D ;D ;D

It's a matter of personal taste and there is no recipe that everyone will ever agree to be the best. But if one of our members gives a recipe a BIG thumbs up, I will likely give it a try; if it looks like it might be something I would like.

On the flip side - I tried something that one of the members thought was amazing - and it looked good to me, so I gave it a try and I was not impressed.

I like the looks of the Chilli recipe and will give it try ( now bookmarked ). I am sure I will like it and I can pretty much guarantee the wife will not.  ;)

slowpoke

I liked it. My wife no.My granddaughter liked it.My grandson no and my daughter no.Too hot.Thanks for your thoughts.