arcs n sparks pastrami...

Started by owrstrich, January 29, 2006, 03:41:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

owrstrich

arcs... i did it... like you were talking in the chat... it is awesome...

anyway... i got a 5 pound packaged corned beef that had peppercorns and other things coating both sides...

i used 1 devil wood and 2 hickory per hour for 4 hours of smoke... 200 deg to 190 internal... ftc for 7 hours... still warm... sliced and the juices were glistening...

it looks awesome and tastes even better... instantly one of my favorites... i may eat the whole thing right now... it was on sale for $1.49 a pound... what a deal and freaking awesome result...

would not use devil wood again on corned beef... was depleating my stock...

eat the beast...

owrstrich

i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

Arcs_n_Sparks

owrstrich,

Excellent. I will follow your tweak, since I didn't think I had put enough smoke on mine (3.5 hours), and I pulled it out a little cooler (165 or so). Also, I was impatient (first pass on this approach) and didn't FTC it before I started eating it. Guess that is why we experiment. [:D]

Arcs_n_Sparks

GrillinFool

Looks great Owrstrich! I am going to give that shot now. What was the pepper corn mixture? The corned beef I see at my store just have a tiny packet with them for boiling.

The Grillin Fool

Arcs_n_Sparks

Owrstrich,

Picture is great. Just the kind of outcome I am looking for.

Arcs_n_Sparks

owrstrich

fool...

the grocery had the kind with the little packet and the kind covered in those peppercorns things... i cant say exactly what they are but there were white ones and black ones...

next time i may go with just coarse black pepper... more mainstream...

that pastrami photo was the very first photo taken with my wenches new camera... a minolta diamage z6... from now on i will be taking photos of my smoke efforts to post here...

you gotta eat...

owrstrich

i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

jaeger

Looks awesome Owrstrich!

<font size="4"><b>Doug</b></font id="size4">

oguard

Looks awesome Owrstrich[:p][:p].I have tried these corned beef before with mixed results.I have never ftc'd them for that long.Will give it a go the next time they go on sale.

Mike

Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it
Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it.

Habanero Smoker

Looks good. It is surprising how easy it is to make pastrami. I like to only bring mine to an internal temperature of 165-170, and slice it thin across the grain.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)