• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Supper tonight

Started by Tiny Tim, February 25, 2012, 04:12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiny Tim

Gotta preface this by saying there weren't any pics taken, as I wasn't planning on this good of a meal, considering the primary ingredient, and it got expanded as it went along...but, since there ain't no pics and it didn't happen, there weren't any calories or fat in it...bonus. :D

Anyway, earlier this afternoon, I decided to see what a couple of hours of letting some boneless pork loin chops sit in a little Mies breading would do.  Got them packaged up with the substance and shook around, sat in the fridge for an hour, then on the counter for a half hour after overhauling them once.

Since I was using the Mies, and it looks and acts like flour, I decided to put a little oil into my favorite (okay, only) frying pan, not too deep, maybe 2-3 tbsp, heat it a bit, then add the chops.  I really never know what to do with oil when I'm done cooking and it's time to clean up, so I decided to try my hand at some gravy.  Took the chops out of the pan a little before they were done and let them rest on a plate while I played with the oil to make the gravy.  Added 3 tbsp of the Mies to the hot oil, and it took on a nice dark peanut butter color almost immediately, and turned to a nice paste.  Added a strong cup of hot water and got it loosened up nicely, boiled it for a minute or so, reduced the heat and gave a couple more minutes, tasted and added a little Salt & Pepper.  Added my chops back to the pan to let them get happy and finish cooking in my new gravy, with a lid on it.  Plated and put another spoon of gravy over the top.

Turned out very nice, just wish I would have had some potatoes here to use more of the gravy, but I'm saving what's left to put on my Ramen noodles tomorrow instead.

OldHickory

Sounds like a good supper Tim.  I make gravy when I have fried floured pork chops.  I use 1/3 water and 2/3 whole milk to add to the flour paste.  My Mom used all milk, and yes this is called milk gravy.  I usually have cornbread as one of the sides that helps use up the gravy.  All this talk has now made me hungry,--- and I don't have any pork chops for tonight.  Oh well, we can't all be lucky. :) :)
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

seemore

Sounds like a good supper, Tim!
Mrs S

KyNola

hal4uk

Quote from: Tiny Tim on February 25, 2012, 04:12:18 PM
Turned out very nice, just wish I would have had some potatoes here to use more of the gravy, but I'm saving what's left to put on my Ramen noodles tomorrow instead.
Sounds good, Tim!  We always have potatoes (mashed) with fried pork chops, mainly because we like potatoes, but Mrs uses some of that starchy water from boiling the potatoes back into the milk gravy.  Good eats!
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

jiggerjams

That does sound delish. Not sure what is on the menu for me tonight but I bet it isn't as good as this sounds.

OldHickory

"Sounds good, Tim!  We always have potatoes (mashed) with fried pork chops, mainly because we like potatoes, but Mrs uses some of that starchy water from boiling the potatoes back into the milk gravy.  Good eats!"

Hal, The Mrs has a good idea with the water from the potatoes.  I will use this the next time I have fried pork chops and gravy.

Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

SiFumar

Sounds great! Love pan gravy.