Lot's of problems?

Started by 4given, March 05, 2012, 11:46:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pike227

I would agree this is an amazing forum and lots of help to people who have all experienced the same problems.  Thanks for that!  But there has to be more to it than wanting to spend new money on something that comes with such problems.

KyNola

The product works.  99% of the folks who buy them are more than happy with them.  The 1% that have problems have their issues quickly resolved by the company.

What more can you ask for?  Find any product that is for sale to the public that is 100% flawless and problem free.

mikecorn.1

Quote from: KyNola on March 07, 2012, 12:29:51 PM
The product works.  99% of the folks who buy them are more than happy with them.  The 1% that have problems have their issues quickly resolved by the company.

What more can you ask for?  Find any product that is for sale to the public that is 100% flawless and problem free.
AMEN!!  I say NONE!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

rigstar

Quote from: Pike227 on March 07, 2012, 11:57:30 AM
I would agree this is an amazing forum and lots of help to people who have all experienced the same problems.  Thanks for that!  But there has to be more to it than wanting to spend new money on something that comes with such problems.

i am not famaliar with any other smokers so i can't comment on how others work or anything,
so being a novice smoker for me it was the ease of use right out of the box, in almost a year
i have had 2 problems with the 4 rack dbs, 1 was digital display and the other was heating element both covered under warranty and both items shipped fedex to me in under 3 days
for free. lots of people have been running their's for quite awhile without any problems.
i didn't google or look around for other smokers when i got this one i went from word of
mouth from a buddy of mine who has one and couldn't stop raving about it, so i got it,
and it has worked flawlessly(almost) for me.

and the forum, the best bunch of guys there is!!!!
either your in, or your in the f***ing way

ccardinal

I've used a bradley at least once a week for about 8 years, and never had a problem till about a week ago when it would not make smoke.  Yea... I could fix it but I've had the thing since at least 2004 probably longer.  I just don't remember.  It was outside the whole time, and looked a little weathered, so I ordered a new one.  No thought involved.  It was a good product.    The old one lasted me so long and worked so well.

I'm certain that there are some duds out there.  After all, every so often an iPhone bursts into flames, but it is still a great phone.  Ha!  Just make certain that you understand that you are buying a smoker.  They cook low and slow.  It is not a Grill, so don't expect it to get hot enough for the International space station to see you cooking. 

I too rely on Amazon reviews for a lot of purchases.  But I think you will see that on the average it has a Very high rating.  Well deserved. It is a good product.

Sam3

I've owned my OBS for almost a year now. I bought it for the sole purpose of smoking sausages, fish, cheese, strip jerky and snack stiks. I made mods to it only because I wanted to, I didn't have to. 
A smoker is like a new car, you own it for a while and then you want to tinker with it.  ;D
This smoker has met all my expectations and I am very pleased with it.
Good luck and good smoking!

4given

So far mine is working great!

4 hour smoke on the pork butts last night, Currently they are on a rack in the oven at 225............. Wifey is home monitoring the maverick...
Not Perfect but Forgiven
Bradley BTIS1
Green Mountain Grill "Daniel Boone" Pellet Grill
Webber "Q" 100

Pike227

Keep talking guys!  If I was to make just one modification to my OSB, what should it first be?

mikecorn.1

Quote from: Pike227 on March 09, 2012, 06:13:25 PM
Keep talking guys!  If I was to make just one modification to my OSB, what should it first be?
900w or dual 500w. WITH PID.

Mike

muebe

Quote from: mikecorn.1 on March 09, 2012, 06:33:39 PM
Quote from: Pike227 on March 09, 2012, 06:13:25 PM
900w or dual 500w. WITH PID.

I have a few mods and here are the links...

Convection fan mod  http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=22263.msg269273#msg269273

900W element mod   http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=22120.msg267728#msg267728

A picture of my smoke generator setup. Has a heat sink with blower to cool the pipe for cold smoking. The y-pipe is where the pucks drop to a water pan. The pipe carries the smoke to the upper part of the cabinet where the Bradley is located...

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx169/muebe/IMAG0500.jpg

My door fix    http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=23463.msg281749#msg281749

My front plate mod    http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=23353.msg280751#msg280751

I also have the dual probe PID. That is the first upgrade you should do IMHO

Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

JT-MO

Maybe I am not into all this modding stuff or it's just I never found a reason to mod mine as of yet, it works great out of the box, been going on almost 3 years now. A lot of people buy theirs and are happy with it, and thus you will never hear anything from them on this forum. People that have issues and need help usually end up on this forum and talk about their experience which is why you may see a lot of "broken" issues.

Yes I did have a few problems later on, like right now my door is just barely hanging in there because the bottom broke. But it still works and when it falls off I will just put henges on it. Although I seen a nice mod on this forum on building a new replacement bottom part out of aluminum angle stock, I might do that instead.

I haven't tried other smokers, but the fact this one has nice clean packaged pucks you can just drop in, put your meat in, and start smoking it is just so simple and the food comes out great.

I did get bubba pucks and a pid to help make it even more "automated".
I truley can set it up, come back in about 5 hours to empty the burnt puck tray and add more water, maybe rotate the meat (depends). Come back in about another 5 hours (depends on whats cooking)  to pull the meat out to eat. That is how simple it is.

mikecorn.1

Quote from: JT-MO on March 10, 2012, 10:07:11 AM
Maybe I am not into all this modding stuff or it's just I never found a reason to mod mine as of yet, it works great out of the box, been going on almost 3 years now. A lot of people buy theirs and are happy with it, and thus you will never hear anything from them on this forum. People that have issues and need help usually end up on this forum and talk about their experience which is why you may see a lot of "broken" issues.

Yes I did have a few problems later on, like right now my door is just barely hanging in there because the bottom broke. But it still works and when it falls off I will just put henges on it. Although I seen a nice mod on this forum on building a new replacement bottom part out of aluminum angle stock, I might do that instead.

I haven't tried other smokers, but the fact this one has nice clean packaged pucks you can just drop in, put your meat in, and start smoking it is just so simple and the food comes out great.

I did get bubba pucks and a pid to help make it even more "automated".
I truley can set it up, come back in about 5 hours to empty the burnt puck tray and add more water, maybe rotate the meat (depends). Come back in about another 5 hours (depends on whats cooking)  to pull the meat out to eat. That is how simple it is.
:)

Mike

4given

3 successful smokes so far and not a hitch! ;D
Not Perfect but Forgiven
Bradley BTIS1
Green Mountain Grill "Daniel Boone" Pellet Grill
Webber "Q" 100

Toker

These productucts are great, i now have 4 smokers and can not be happier.

davidki

I ordered mine from Amazon as well but it shipped right away....   Now for the what can be perceived as bad..  I have cooked in it now 3 times and the temprature is very erratic  (I have the basic 4 shelf black)  in less than 3 months I had to replace the cooking element (they sent me a new one no charge)  I have yet to get the unit above 250 degrees...   Today I replaced the element and I have to say if you have small hands it is a very tight opperation. 

The oven came up to about 220 and of course when I put in the meat (3 different racks with Pork loins that are at 75 degrees) the oven pulled back to about 125 and now hopefully will climb back to cooking temps...  I"m using hickory bisquets on this round...

So, I guess my answer is that I'm still on the fence if I did the right thing by buying this one .... I am dissapointed the element was bad when I got it and it took me 3 calls to convince them I needed a new one...  so, Ill see how long this one lasts, hopefully much longer..       The Turkey and pork I have cooked in the past was great but it makes me nervous getting the oven up to temps ......   I hate food Poisoning