Rib Capacity Question

Started by moose1830, March 05, 2012, 01:49:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moose1830

How many racks of ribs can you fit in the Bradley (4 rack)?  I am hoping to cook 6 racks, but I am not sure the best way to distribute them (or if that is even possible).

mikecorn.1

This many ;). This is mine in action with 6 BB's. All were cut in half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

moose1830

A picture is worth a thousand words.  Thanks!

watchdog56

If you have extra racks you can invert them and get 8 racks in a 4 rack.

ghost9mm

Must we have done is 6 racks, but if you add the extra racks you sure could do more, but I think I would be moving some racks around from time to time to get an even cook...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

viper125

Yes and allow a lot more time to cook. LOL
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

moose1830

For those of you who have done 6 racks of baby backs before - how long does it take to cook? Do you suggest I pull half of them after 2-3 hours smoke and finish them off in the oven wrapped in foil.

mikecorn.1

Quote from: moose1830 on March 08, 2012, 08:57:51 PM
For those of you who have done 6 racks of baby backs before - how long does it take to cook? Do you suggest I pull half of them after 2-3 hours smoke and finish them off in the oven wrapped in foil.
These were completely done in the Bradley. Smoked, foiled and back in to firm up. 3-2-1 on these.
Mike

Smokin Soon

For me, the more ribs the better the cook. Yes it takes longer but all of that beautiful moisture coming of of those ribs seem to contribute to a better cook. If i am loading up my 4 rack with spares i do not foil at all.