Molasses

Started by mhiykmeel63, March 04, 2012, 01:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhiykmeel63

Hey guys, Im just wondering how well molasses would go with ribs or brisket. Anyone have any advice?

Mani

I regularly make bbq sauce with pomegranate molasses. I have it with brisket and is amazing!

mhiykmeel63

viper125

I like it as a base in all types of sauces.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

mikecorn.1

Quote from: Mani on March 04, 2012, 02:24:16 PM
I regularly make bbq sauce with pomegranate molasses. I have it with brisket and is amazing!
That sounds good. I love pomegranate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

mhiykmeel63

I saw a post from Kynola about applying it to a butt before the dry rub,Ive got ribs  in the the fridge with the the molasses and rub combo for tomorrow. Never known him to be wrong!

KyNola

Uh oh, never tried it on ribs.  Believe it or not I almost tried it today on ribs.  Will be interested to see how it turns out for you.  Should have one heck of a bark on ribs!

Mani

Quote from: mikecorn.1 on March 04, 2012, 03:45:05 PM
That sounds good. I love pomegranate.

It has a really nice tang to it, with a good taste of Pomegranate on the back of the palate.

Consooger

I did my first brisket with molasses and then put Jan's rub on it. The rub stuck to it like it was super glue. It was a little tough putting it on though, the brisket was a little chilly so when I applies the molasses it hardened up some.
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife