Maverick ET-73 trouble

Started by Smudge, February 01, 2006, 01:47:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smudge

I just got my Maverick dual sensor ET-73 and was using it for the second time when the smoker temperature probe began giving erroneous readings. It seems to be stuck at around 200F and won't move even under cold running water.

Anyone else have problems with this device?

nsxbill

Put some fresh batteries in it, and reset it.  It will probably fix the problem, at least I hope it will!

Good luck,

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Smudge

Thanks Bill,

Guess I thought of new batteries, but was too cheap to try it. I'll give that a whirl.

I just switched probes--put the smoker probe in the meat receptor and vice versa. The meat temperature display is now erroneous.

???

manxman

Sounds like you may have a faulty probe given that the problem moved when you changed the probes round.

Bill's advise is good as flat batteries can cause similar problems, I fell for that one a while ago!

However, I seem to remember one or two other posts regarding faulty probes on new ET-73's in the past.

Hopefully it is still under warranty?

Manxman.
Manxman

IKnowWood

If it still does not work, call up Maverick in NJ.  Tey will likely ask you to send it back to them like they told me.  I had a different problem.  The Transmitter worked fine, the receiver would not turn on at all.
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

Bassman

I had a problem with my Maverick when it was out of warranty. I called Maverick and they took it back anyway and gave me a new one. No problems since then.[:D]

<i><font color="blue"><b>Jack</i></font id="blue"></b>
Jack

Smudge

New batteries didn't help. I e-mailed Maverick, they've got a new probe for me in the mail already. They were out of the smoker probes so they're giving me a new meat probe instead.