What would you do?

Started by 4given, March 08, 2012, 11:34:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

Nah, you'lll be fine.  Don't sweat the water in the roasting pan.  You're gonna have some great pork. :)

4given

Good ...... I'm looking forward to it!

Actually I did both halves of the butt I cut in half. I had to use store bought rub (Mc Cormick Pork Rub) cause I did not have time to get all the ingredients for Jan's rub before I had to get it in the smoker last light.

The next butt will be done with the Jan's rub. I bought all the stuff last night while the butt halves were smoking, made the rub then noticed I bought Smoked Paprika! I hope that does not make too much difference.............
Not Perfect but Forgiven
Bradley BTIS1
Green Mountain Grill "Daniel Boone" Pellet Grill
Webber "Q" 100

4given

The butt halves have been in the oven at 225 for 13 1/2 hours

My wife just reported in................. the IT of the butt is 178.................

I think the stall must be over or close to it. Wont be long before it is FTC time............
Not Perfect but Forgiven
Bradley BTIS1
Webber "Q" 100

KyNola

Yep, if the IT is 178 you're well on your way.

4given

OK it's 2:25 Mountain Standard time........... wife just called and said the butts just reached 200 deg so she is FTCing them as I am typing!  Company is coming at 5:30............ the timing should be perfect!
Not Perfect but Forgiven
Bradley BTIS1
Webber "Q" 100

mikecorn.1

Awesome!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

SiFumar

I knew the wife could handle it!  Don't forget pics and rants and raves!

mikecorn.1

Uh oh!! Did someone forget to post pics? ;D

Mike

Keymaster

Quote from: 4given on March 09, 2012, 01:25:08 PM
OK it's 2:25 Mountain Standard time........... wife just called and said the butts just reached 200 deg so she is FTCing them as I am typing!  Company is coming at 5:30............ the timing should be perfect!
Never finished a butt off in the oven, Does the house smell like wonderful bradley puck Smoke?  :)

dman4505

Quote from: Keymaster on March 09, 2012, 05:36:09 PM
Never finished a butt off in the oven, Does the house smell like wonderful bradley puck Smoke?  :)

I finished a turkey in the oven last year and the house smelled like that for three days
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."

The Man's Prayer: I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

mikecorn.1

Quote from: Keymaster on March 09, 2012, 05:36:09 PM
Yes it does. I did it once with a butt :)

Mike

Quarlow

Ok so we have never met but I have been following your progress and I have to say, Damn you 4given. My mouth is watering like crazy and now I most regerettably am going to have to do a Butt. You are in for a real treat and then when you go " this was so easy" you are even happier. Enjoy the spoils of your labour. Oh ya, no pics, didn't happen.  ;D
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

4given

Quote from: mikecorn.1 on March 09, 2012, 05:10:04 PM
Uh oh!! Did someone forget to post pics? ;D

Check the pix post!
Not Perfect but Forgiven
Bradley BTIS1
Webber "Q" 100

4given

Quote from: Quarlow on March 09, 2012, 07:14:36 PM
Ok so we have never met but I have been following your progress and I have to say, Damn you 4given. My mouth is watering like crazy and now I most regerettably am going to have to do a Butt. You are in for a real treat and then when you go " this was so easy" you are even happier. Enjoy the spoils of your labour. Oh ya, no pics, didn't happen.  ;D

Can't be damned....... I'm 4Given!!!  ;D

It was esy and way good! Check my pix post!
Not Perfect but Forgiven
Bradley BTIS1
Webber "Q" 100