• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Next Letter To Wade Bradley

Started by Oldman, February 04, 2006, 02:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Greetings,

Hope this E-mail finds you and your family well.  In your last reply to me you stated that you would get your web-guy to look into the problem of the site timing out when a member was trying to post.

Later I received an E-mail from the "web-guy" explaining that your in-house IT department was going to fix the problem.

The bottom line is it is still broken.  I'm timing out 7 out of 10 postings. What is worse there are times after the time-out that when I get back to the site all post are marked as read.  This making helping out the new member with a question hard to find.

Personally the site runs like it is on an older shared server with limited processing power and limited ram. Servers do wear out.  About 6 months back we begin to have problems with the member's recipe site.  I called the hosting service and after a fast check on their part we were moved within 2-3 hours to a new server.  I, nor my webmaster had to do anything. Now the recipe site zips right along.

Please fix the site, and may I add in closing that it is currently a bad refection on your company's excellent reputation for customer awareness and service.

Thank  you for your time in this matter and I remain...
Optimistically,

//SIGNED//
Raye Minor
"Olds

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

car54

Olds,

You are correct, it is a bad reflection on his company. This site can be a major asset to him. It makes no sense at all. I do not know what else to say but some people are stupid, some are ignorant and some are arrogant.

Brad

owrstrich

dozens of folks have posted here wanting info... countless others lurk here wanting info... all doing due dillegence and wanting to avoid buyers remorse...

i dont know how many dozens or hundreds of bradleys are on folks back patios because of this forum... i know i would not own one if if i hadnt lurked here for a while...

so... the functionability of this forum has a direct affect on bradleys bottom line...

anyway... this forum has a dedicated following because the bradley is a good product... i wish this forum worked was as good as the bradley works...

you got choices...

owrstrich
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

nodak

[}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)]
This thing should be the BIGGEST EMBARRASSMENT to Wade Bradley.  I can't even get on without getting timed out.  

What a piece of sh--!!!!!!!

I'm Thinking COOKSHACK????

Just think how many potential customers can't get on????

"If you're not living on the edge, You're taking up way too much room, so get the he-- out of my way."

boxertrio

first time in 2 days I've even been able to even acess the forums....and only timed out once!!! What a pain in the a$$[}:)]

Glenn

White smoke good...Black smoke bad!!
--"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever the cost, fight back!" -- Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper; USMC

manxman

Maybe this is their way of trashing the forum, promising to fix it but leaving it and leaving it hoping people will lose interest?[}:)]

Perhaps I have been listening to too many conspiracy theories!![}:)]

Manxman.
Manxman

car54

<font color="red"><font size="6"><font face="Georgia">WOW!!!!!</font id="Georgia"></font id="size6"></font id="red">has this site been difficult to get on for the last 3 days. Does any one know what is going on with it?

Brad

bubbagump

[:(!]<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by car54</i>
<br /><font color="red"><font size="6"><font face="Georgia">WOW!!!!!</font id="Georgia"></font id="size6"></font id="red">has this site been difficult to get on for the last 3 days. Does any one know what is going on with it?

Brad
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

By the looks of things......NOTHING! [:(!]

Bubbagump

nodak

WOW, I'm at least connected, rest problems still exist.  I am willing to be the first to contribute to a pot for Olds to start a forum on his site.  They just don't care at Bradley.  I've sent them emails last 2 days and last one they didn't even reply to.  They could post an apology/updates/etc on the forum to keep us informed.

"If you're not living on the edge, You're taking up way too much room, so get the he-- out of my way."

Phone Guy

Things are moving along great today. Maybe the problem has been fixed.

Phone Guy

Oldman

Well I got to say my E-mail box runs over from folks who think I got some kind of pull with Bradley... I don't.

I just don't have time before next week to try and call him. I think Chez is going to call him and see what is up... As far as me re-working the recipe site so we can add posting boards I will wait until I talk with Chez and Wade.

I have received offers to help with the $$$ for the site but it is not needed.  My business pays for the site.  I just have the recipe site sitting on the "back-side" of my B-site.

If GR3 when it comes out hits my fancy then I will have a V-Dedicated server so I can set up a public gaming server. If that happens then the V-D server will be so much faster than the current server the recipe site is on it is not even funny. The transfer speed of the V-D I'm looking at is 1000 Megabit. That is not the fastest in the world but it smokes... [:D] If needed I can have it moved up to greater transfer speeds.

Dual Xeon processors 3 gigs of ram with a Burstable Memory Quota of 6 gigs of ram and a true RAID 6 SCSI which can handle the failure of any two drives in the array.

Will it cost me some potato chips?  Yepper, but I'm as much an hard time gamer as comes down the pike.  Now if I could only out shoot those kids... LOL~~! [:0]

There are options here. However, there are two items I worry about if we do have to go this route and those are that Wade will not have a redirect to the new boards from his home page and / or not give my web-master access to the current data base so it can be converted over.

The second option is to set up the boards and just police this site for new members needing help and ask them to post their problems on the recipe site. The amount of problems we as a group solve for his new customers is huge. At this point I just don't know what to think about this any longer.

Frankly coming to this site has now gotten to be a drag. Bradley has got two new smokers coming out and I'm sure he is up to his eye balls with gators with them at this time.  Nevertheless, that does excuse his treatment of current customers.

I know I don't run my business this way.  Maybe that is why since I left Interface/ ReSource (years ago) I've never lost a single customer.

Strange doings for sure....

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!