2 days off...smoke's a rollin' brews a flowin'

Started by Consooger, March 13, 2012, 10:07:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Consooger

Quote from: STLstyle on March 13, 2012, 07:43:42 PM
The beef ribs look amazing.  Got them on the list now for sure.  How do you know when to pull out those bad boys?
I did the 3-2-1 on the ribs, IF you follow that technique you will rarely have a problem. I wouldn't keep them in any longer than that. DUring the 2 hour foil I ended up wrapping them up and put pure apple cider on them, that kept them moist, the last hour I but bbq sauce on them, gave them that carmelized bark I was looking for. Although if I didn't put them back in for that last hour they would have been ready anyways. You will know when they are done when you see the meat pulling back and exposing the bone. All in all they were very tasty!
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

4given

Quote from: Consooger on March 14, 2012, 08:48:00 AM
The beef ribs look amazing.  Got them on the list now for sure.  How do you know when to pull out those bad boys?
I did the 3-2-1 on the ribs, IF you follow that technique you will rarely have a problem. I wouldn't keep them in any longer than that. DUring the 2 hour foil I ended up wrapping them up and put pure apple cider on them, that kept them moist, the last hour I but bbq sauce on them, gave them that carmelized bark I was looking for. Although if I didn't put them back in for that last hour they would have been ready anyways. You will know when they are done when you see the meat pulling back and exposing the bone. All in all they were very tasty!

OK so I am a little dense..........3-2-1?  is that 3 hours smoke at 225, 2 hours in foil in the bradley at 225 and 1 hour in t he Bradley afet coating with BBQ sauce?  :-\
Not Perfect but Forgiven
Bradley BTIS1
Green Mountain Grill "Daniel Boone" Pellet Grill
Webber "Q" 100

4given

BTW it all looks really good! I am slobbering as I type...................... OK so that might be too much information.................. ;D
Not Perfect but Forgiven
Bradley BTIS1
Webber "Q" 100

Consooger

Quote from: 4given on March 14, 2012, 01:53:01 PM
Quote from: Consooger on March 14, 2012, 08:48:00 AM

that is correct, on the last hour i dropped the temp to about 200-210 because my Maverick was reading about 220 at that point. As I said I only kept them in that extra hour to thicken the bark and carmelize the sauce.

OK so I am a little dense..........3-2-1?  is that 3 hours smoke at 225, 2 hours in foil in the bradley at 225 and 1 hour in t he Bradley afet coating with BBQ sauce?  :-\
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

4given

Thanks sugar............. and I mean that in a manly hairy chested sort of way.....  :D
Not Perfect but Forgiven
Bradley BTIS1
Webber "Q" 100

JZ

QuoteThanks sugar............. and I mean that in a manly hairy chested sort of way.....  :D
LMAO  ;D ;D ;D