Rib Steak on Bradley Digital Cold Smoke

Started by rymcty, March 21, 2012, 11:24:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rymcty

Hello, i have a question you fine folks might help me with.  I have the Bradley Digital so im gonna smoke my Rib Steak before i Grill 'em.  Smoke on Oven off for an hour.  Do i need to Cure the meat before smoking.  Some people are saying bacteria will grow on my steak if I smoke Steak at this low Temp

Tater

I do that all the time.  I've never had a problem.  I like cherry for the smoke.  Delicious!

rymcty

Sweet that's all i need, lets do it.  Ill put in fresh Rib Steaks, ice cubes to keep the temp low, oven off and only smoke on.  I'm in Canada so it shouldn't be too warm. I guess ill just monitor the temp to make sure it stays below 40

rymcty

Unless there's some Tips someone can offer?

Ka Honu

I usually give steaks two bisquettes (40 minutes) of cold smoke in my OBS and either take them straight to the grill or wrap (in cling wrap) and refrigerate overnight.  Both methods work well; if I'm using a "stronger" wood (e.g., mesquite or hickory) the overnight seems to give the steak a bit of time to "mellow" but it's not really necessary.

Habanero Smoker

Take the steaks directly from the refrigerator to the smoker, don't let them sit at room temperature.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)