Crystal Beer Sticks

Started by devo, March 22, 2012, 01:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SiFumar

Everything looks good...down to that hot tub!

JZ

Those sticks look great and make sure you don't get your Crystal too close to the hot tub. You don't want that stuff to get warm. ;D

devo

No problem there with getting the beer warm, biggest problem is getting my son to bring me another  ;)

Going to hang these in the basement for two days as an old time sausage maker told me I need to hang them longer  :o he been doing it for 60 years so what do I know.

Sam3

Great job on the sticks devo!

NePaSmoKer

Looks good Devo.

I had some Crystal beer at a friends house few years ago. good stuff.

Hey you still got all that snow on the ground....Yikes hard word for me to say and spell  ;D

devo

No Rick all the snow is gone about a week ago. Very early spring breakup this year. Weather has been great for the month of March, getting rain today but we need it real bad as the wells are getting low around here. Nothing sucks more than having no water.

Smoke some

Sticks look great devo
snow is all gone now you say.. Hmmm  was up your way about three week ago  looking
at a job that will be starting next year .Wish the snow was gone then, I forgot how badly I'm out of shape once you start
walking up and down hills for 12 k. will be back down your way a few more times this summer.
This might look familiar to you.... pic was taken around onion lake road.

SouthernSmoked

Niiiice job!

Sticks look awesome!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

devo

Quote from: Smoke some on March 23, 2012, 07:15:08 AM
Sticks look great devo
snow is all gone now you say.. Hmmm  was up your way about three week ago  looking
at a job that will be starting next year. forgot how badly I'm out of shape once you start
walking up and down hills for 12 k. will be back down your way a few more times this summer.
This might look familiar to you.... pic was taken around onion lake road.

That must have been the last dump we got. In the last two weeks we have set record temps for this time of the year. If it was not raining today I would be outside cutting the grass  ::)

Just like summer
Carl Clutchey
Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 08:00

Fort Frances' Donna Lowey has never seen anything like it.
As the temperature in her town smashed another record Monday, Lowey was scrambling at her family-run greenhouse to get flowers and other plants started in the beds for customers eager to dig up gardens way ahead of schedule.
It was still 24 C in Fort Frances at 7 p.m. Monday.
"We're going as fast we can, but I don't want to get too crazy," said Lowey. "We still could get freezing rain or something like that."
Weather-watchers say nobody will call you crazy — especially today, the first day of spring — for exchanging a snowblower for a roto-tiller.
"It's like we've gone from winter right into summer, with some of the temperatures we've been seeing in Northwestern Ontario," Environment Canada meteorologist Geoff Coulson said.
"Records aren't just being broken, they're being obliterated."
Coulson said warm air flowing from the Gulf of Mexico caused the mercury to climb into the mid-20s in places like Fort Frances is expected to continue at least until Thursday.
At this time of year the normal high for the region, including Thunder Bay, is only 2 C. Thunder Bay had its second consecutive day of record-breaking temperatures with 17.8 C on Monday.
The previous record for Fort Frances on March 18 was set in 1918, when the mercury hit nearly 17 C.
Even though it won't be quite as warm on the weekend, Coulson said to expect temperatures to be eight or nine degrees above normal.
"It goes beyond comprehension," said Coulson, "because at this time of year we should be talking about snow and freezing rain."
He added: "This winter just didn't seem that cold. There were a few cold snaps in Northwestern Ontario, but they didn't last that long."
Provincial firefighters are keeping an eye on the situation as the snow disappears, but haven't pressed the panic button.
"We are preparing for the fire season (which officially begins April 1) as we normally do," said Dryden-based fire information officer Deb MacLean.
MacLean said some rain may be in the long-range forecast, "but we'll see."
Around Fort Frances, fields are already free of snow, posing a risk for grass fires.
The MNR has 101, four-person fire crews spread throughout the Northwest, as well as seven CL-415 waterbombers.

Smoke some

know what you mean on the high temps this year. when i left TB on march 7 it was about 7 or 8 degrees out no complaints here
I'm from kenora origanally, moved down to southern Ontario a few years back.

Smoker John

Quote from: devo on March 22, 2012, 02:27:29 PM
Quote from: Smoker John on March 22, 2012, 02:17:47 PM
Looks good, I haven't seen Labatt Crystal before, is it newish, maybe it's only available out east?

;D ;D ;D
Nope only in north western Otario. You keep your hands off my beer  ;D ;D

devo the sticks look like they turned out great, ok I won't touch your beer :( lol
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

Sam3

Quote from: Smoke some on March 23, 2012, 07:42:21 AM
know what you mean on the high temps this year. when i left TB on march 7 it was about 7 or 8 degrees out no complaints here
I'm from kenora origanally, moved down to southern Ontario a few years back.

Lake of the Woods!!  Loved it there!!
I never caught some many Walleye in my life!
(sorry for the highjack).

Keymaster

Nice looking sticks Don, Think I'll take some out of the Deep freeze :)

hybridcx

dcrows

Quote from: devo on March 23, 2012, 07:27:46 AM
As the temperature in her town smashed another record Monday, Lowey was scrambling at her family-run greenhouse to get flowers and other plants started in the beds for customers eager to dig up gardens way ahead of schedule.

I envy her a lot - i wish I would possess a greenhouse where I could get flowers all the time. Instead I have to order from my florists in Dudley. But I still love my flowers anyway. :)