wood flavour for CHaCheeB's

Started by whitetailfan, February 10, 2006, 10:51:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Owrstrich recommended cooking as hot as possible, so next time the slide will be all the way right.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">In that picture I did them at 235F for the most part if I remember correctly and then the last 30 minutes or so it was on high.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

owrstrich

im hungered...

stranded in el centro ca...

you gotta eat...

owrstrich

i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

West Coast Kansan

Ok place to stop for gas but stranded?

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

Gizmo

Must be the 50 + mile an hour wind.  If your coming back through the pass be extra special careful, but I am sure you are well experienced with the winds there.

Xmas decorations have almost been blown out to WCK yard on the coast.  Had to stake them down twice and re-tie the stabilizer lines 4 times and replace one of them with a better quality line.  Good thing the helecopter doesn't have wings, I'd have to chock and chaing it down to keep it from taking of.  Too bad tree leaves don't make a good smoke.  Have take 11 gallons (1/3 of a 33 gallon trash can) worth out of the pool already.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

West Coast Kansan

I saw fires and wind stuff on the news but didnt pay any attention to where or what.  No weather here. Mild santa ana but feels good.

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

Gizmo

I didn't think there was enough betwicks us to push the wind down that much.  Been blowing here (till about 6pm) like I have not seen before (mind you I have only been in this particular house for 1.5 years).  Need to clean out the filters once again (about the 4th time today).  Don't get me wrong, still a lot easier than our friends in the bergs shoveling 4 tons of white stuff...  Ahhhh the good old days of fort making, tunnels, snow ball fights, lost power, waking up with frozen sheets........

West Coast Kansan

Really, Gizmo pretty nice day, wind not bad at all. (But How did your sheets get wet to freeze?). Anyway, I tried these things and my take away is don't be shy with the tenderizing mallet. Pound the chicken REAL flat! They were good but hard to roll and did not seal the way I would have liked. I will use the bacon to form the "Roll" and keep the shape next time (I am probably te only one that did't get this all ready). I think the post above is right also on the high heat recommendation. Would have helped also. I cooked the bacon to a little short of crisp before I wrapped which I think was wrong.  Next time I will use the bacon to pull things together TIGHT for the smoker and roll them across the grill a few times when they come out of the smoker to finish the bacon.  The taste was real good. Just not as good looking as the picture.

Gizmo

Didn't need to be wet (won't go there) when inside the house was around 0.  Had to go across the street to neighbors house to warm up.  Took over an hour to shovel enough snow away from the door just to get it open.  I am amazed at the high winds here and you didn't experience them.  Next time I'll have to come over to your house for the smoking during santa's anna's. Tis the season.

West Coast Kansan