Smokin' Dem Ribs Today! Pix!

Started by 4given, March 31, 2012, 10:28:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4given

Todays smoke: 3 racks of spareribs. 3 different rubs: Jan's Rub, Memphis Dust and Hot Memphis Jan's. Hot Memphis Jan's is 1 cup Jand Rub, 1 Cup Memphis dust and 1 Tablespoon Cayenne Pepper!  :o :o :o Not for the faint of heart!
Gonna do them dry...... sauce on the side.

Trying for 3 hours smoke at 225 F................ 2 hours foil with spalsh of apple juice ........... 1 hour naked... no foil, no sauce.. maybe a spritz of oil & apple juice.

OK Here are the pix of todays smoke so far.

Last Night........

Three racks cryovac packed:

Rubbed, rapped and ready to spend the night in the fridge:

This Morning......

Warmed to somewhere around room temp and placed on the racks:

Marked each rack with a foil tag to keep track of what is what:

An experiment.. odds & ends  beef cuts from the freezer, coated with Jan's rub and left in the fridge overnight in plastic.  I put these on the bottom rack to let the grease from the ribs baste them.  :)

It's all in the Bradley! Just waiting now......................
Not Perfect but Forgiven
Bradley BTIS1
Green Mountain Grill "Daniel Boone" Pellet Grill
Webber "Q" 100

just a smokin

wow sure looks good , just wish i was there to try them with you ? how much apple juice do you use then?
Dan

mikecorn.1

Nice looking ribs so far. I do the same with the extra pieces. Sometimes I'll hit them with smoke then put them in my SRG. Full blast on the grill. Mmmmmmmm!!:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Smoker John

Looks great, gonna be tough to pick a favourite
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

OldHickory

Looks great.  I never put sauce on my ribs.  Cook and serve with sauce n the side if others may want it.  If they use a lot of sauce, I figure I must have screwed up the cook-- or they don't know what BBQ ribs are supposed to taste like.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

4given

Here are the results!  I actually took an hour and a half for the last step and used more smoke. I basted twice with a thin mixture of oil, apple juice & pepper with just a dab of Sweet Baby Rays.

Came out real good! The winning rub was ...... Jan's Rub! By far the Best of the Bunch.

Got the "Thumbs Up" approval!

Not Perfect but Forgiven
Bradley BTIS1
Webber "Q" 100

JZ

Wow those turned out great and looks like you have a happy crew.

mikecorn.1

Nice looking ribs!!  They came out looking good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Smoker John

Great job on the ribs & a very appreciative group enjoying your efforts
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

tdwester

Where did you get the ribs? The only place in Boise I can find that sells a 3 pack is Costco.

just a smokin

Hey i was just curious , so how did your experiment(bottom rack) turn out then,was that enough time to cook the bottom rack also then?... the rest just looks fantastic ,I'll bet you had a real happy bunch of guests with a spread like that.I'm gonna have to try that  sometime ,hopefully mine turns out like yours.

thanks Dan

4given

Quote from: tdwester on April 01, 2012, 08:49:29 AM
Where did you get the ribs? The only place in Boise I can find that sells a 3 pack is Costco.

I get them at Cash & Carry - 1700 W Shoreline Dr, Boise, ID  Currenly 2.08 a pound for spareribs. They have a wide selection of Cryovac packed meat there. That is were I buy a lot of my meat.
Not Perfect but Forgiven
Bradley BTIS1
Webber "Q" 100

ghost9mm

Really a nice job on the ribs partner...and it looks like they were a hit for sure...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

4given

Quote from: just a smokin on April 01, 2012, 09:40:45 AM

Hey i was just curious , so how did your experiment(bottom rack) turn out then,was that enough time to cook the bottom rack also then?... the rest just looks fantastic ,I'll bet you had a real happy bunch of guests with a spread like that.I'm gonna have to try that  sometime ,hopefully mine turns out like yours.

thanks Dan

The experiment tastes real good but are pretty dry.  Nothing a little BBQ sauce doesn't cure!  ;)
Not Perfect but Forgiven
Bradley BTIS1
Webber "Q" 100

tdwester

Great my wife told me to go to cash an carry :/ Now how do I go with out admitting she was right?