My first bacon weave

Started by bigmikey, April 01, 2012, 09:00:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigmikey

Mmmmmm it was wonderful. Very juicy and full of flavor

ghost9mm

Well that's all a winner for sure...the bacon looks killer...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

MrRaven

oh man that looks tasty!! So how long was the total smoke time?

bigmikey

Took just over 5 hours.  Ended up smoking the entire time because i added the ribs 2 hours into it. It was perfect and i will definitely be trying again with different fillings in the middle.

tturaider

Ooooo that looks good!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Smoke like your from Texas....use Mesquite

TeamLane27

Quote from: bigmikey on April 01, 2012, 09:17:08 AM
Going to smoke for 3 hours with apple. My OBS usually max's out around 215 when turned all the way up. Just popped it in smoker so we will see how it turns out

Hello Sir!
Thank you for your awesome and helpful posts. Please forgive me I am not trying to high-jack your post here I just have a quick question.  From reading on this forum I have read that most people smoke chicken between 225 to 250 and up.  Since your OBS only gets up to 215 do you still smoke a lot of chicken and if so at what temp? I am a new OBS owner one of the main reasons I bought the OBS was to smoke chicken, I am concerned I won't be able to do this  if it does not get up to a temp where it is safe to do so. Thank  you for  your time and Happy Smoking! Again I apologize if I have broken the cardinal rule of not high jacking another man's post especially if it involves bacon!  ;D

Team Lane

bigmikey

Well i think part of the reason i never get higher is that I usually load it full with meat. I did reach 225 with only the tenderloin inside. I dont do chicken very often but if you do smaller amounts i dont think you will have a problem.

Smoker John

That is looking really good
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

watchdog56

That looks awesome bigmikey. Nice job.