• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Message from Bradley Smokers: Addressing Concerns

Started by BTI Canada PR, February 14, 2006, 12:10:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gotbbq

Mr. Mayer,

Bradley is great.  We appreciate the Time dedicated to the site.

gotbbq

Oldman

Mr. Mayer,

Greetings Sir!  The site is still broken and it has been some time now. I know what your hosting service did so we do see the time out message, but it is a time-out issue--when it takes up to 90 seconds for a message to post.

Next, the E-mail server on this site is broken, or at best it is working part-time. I've sent out E-mails and later called the persons as I did not hear back from them and they told me they never got them. Today I recieved an E-mail via the recipe site from begolf25  who wrote to me saying I did not reply to the E-mail sent via this site concerning a question he has.

If you glean the boards and if you show up on Tues night chat you will find out quickly that people are not posting as they once did do to this slow down.

Please fix the boards. If you need a good web-master, hosting service, and quality boards I will be glad to hook you up with Cyber-Dude--my web master. He is not the cheapest, but he is the best I've ever seen, and for a small monthly retainer he fixes things quickly once the site is set up. He handles 2 of my sites and he will be setting up my Customer Satisfaction Program for Raytheon and then he will be over seeing 3 of my sites on the cheap of $150.00 per month. One of the sites will have a very active set of posting boards.  I believe that $150.00 is his minimum retainer. If you wish to contact him you can reach him at: [email protected].

Thank for you time concerning these issues.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

BTI Canada PR

March 6, 2006

Dear Olds:

Thank you for your message addressing your concerns.  I'm sure you can appreciate that transferring a forum and all its data across various servers is not an easy task to accomplish, and there are still bugs that need to be worked out.  The original server the forum used is quite different from the one we are using now.

I have passed along all concerns to our IT department, who is working steadily to remedy these issues.  Again I ask you simply for your continued patience, because come April 1st it will definitely pay off.  Stayed tuned to the website for the launch of the new website and forum.

Yours truly,

MARTIN MAYER - Manager
Marketing, Advertising & Public Relations Department
Bradley Technologies Canada, Inc.

Oldman

Hey Mr. Mayer!

Dang I'm impressed you that you answered this so quickly. 3rd home run now on my end concerning your person.

Next April 1st works for me and I'm sure I speak for all here when I say thank you.

Next have you see this thread:  http://www.bradleysmoker.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1549

It would be nice if this happen as many of us have hundred of hours into this project.

Again Thanks and let Bradley know that IMO you are hitting 3 for 3 now.
Cya on the boards!

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

iceman

Martin sounds like he's on it Olds. Hope he gets a grand slam on this one.

car54

bubbagump

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nsxbill</i>
<br />Maybe someone could start looking at a newsletter once in awhile on the Bradley website.   The last one was 3 years ago, as I recall!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I just received a Spring 2006 newsletter in the mail today. Did anyone else?

Bubbagump

ChefBill

I sure wish they would go to "V-Bulletin" instead of Snitz for a format. I've worked with V-Bulletin for years and it's easy and simple, as if any of them are simple. Versatility of it is great though. [^]

ChefBill
If you can eat it, you can smoke it.
If you can eat it, Then You can smoke it

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><font size="2">I sure wish they would go to "V-Bulletin" instead of Snitz for a format. I've worked
with V-Bulletin for years and it's easy and simple, as if any of them are simple. Versatility of it
is great though.[^]

</font id="size2"><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

vBulletin is what we are using on the recipe site. Where as Snitz is a free board vBulletin is not.

The reason I went with vBulletin is security. They employ people to hack it out. When a weak area is
found an upgrade is sent out. In the six or so months we have had one major upgrade and two smaller ones.
What is nice these upgrade (if you
leave the board stock) are all but plug and play. Put it in the correct place and hit install...
ping a bang it is done.

When I purchased that board it cost me only  $150.00 for one copy. For the full year all upgrades
are included. After that it is about $30.00 per year.

I'm not saying the board is perfect. There are 3 levels of posting. Basic--in this mode all codes
must be entered manually. Standard--in this mode almost all of the bell and toys are there.
Enhanced--now this mode has some problems. If you edit in this mode some of previous codes get scramble,
and extra spaces are added at the
    coding. Trey is looking into this problem.

The only time I use Enhanced Mode is when I'm copying an entire
web page. It allows me to import a web page with its working
links just like it is on that site.  After that I go back to
Standard if I need to edit anything.

This is an example of using Enhanced Mode to copy a web-page. The format is not quite the same but you will see that the links work and all information and examples are there. (It is off of my business site.)

Example

If you are posting a recipe I cannot strongly enough say DON'T
USE THE <b>ENHANCED MODE.</b>

Todate Mr. Mayer's is hitting 3 out of 3 IMO. No matter what board Bradley uses I'm sure that come April 1 that all will be good here. Let's just hope he can grant our petitiion's directive for a direct link to our recipe site.  What would even be neater is the link would say: Recipes/ Chatroom.

If he can this community's comradery will grow exponentially. It is possible that due to our collective efforts we can become the premier food smoker's site on the net.

Olds

Foam Steak

I got a newsletter too!  Saw it, was going to read it, the wife thought it was junk mail, threw it away! DANG IT!  On a more important note, I have some ribs in the smoker right now.

Mr. Mayer, Bradley is a model of what customer service should be.  I applaud your efforts.  Keep up the good work.

Foamy McFoam,
Bradley Fan Boy

iceman

Did you say ribs???[:p] While your at it FS you should post the recipe and enter the contest.[:D] Have a couple extra ribs for me!<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Foam Steak</i>
<br />I got a newsletter too!  Saw it, was going to read it, the wife thought it was junk mail, threw it away! DANG IT!  On a more important note, I have some ribs in the smoker right now.

Mr. Mayer, Bradley is a model of what customer service should be.  I applaud your efforts.  Keep up the good work.

Foamy McFoam,
Bradley Fan Boy

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Foam Steak

Iceman,

I would post my rib recipe, accept I either stole it from someone on this site or copied it from the smoke & spice cookbook.  Either way it is not my own.

Sincerely,
Foam Steak

Oldman

Foam Steak it does not have to be your own to share what works for you. Please do and enter it into our recipe contest.
Thanks

Olds