First Pork Back Ribs in my Bradley

Started by sdcaller, April 18, 2012, 05:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdcaller

Did my first ribs in the Bradley today. Followed the recipe at the top of this category/ 3-2-1.
Pretty happy with the result, the ribs were fall off the bone tender and tasty but a little drier than I would have liked. Next time I will probably do 3-2 and 15 minutes.

In 2 weeks I have to do ribs for 10 for a fishing trip weekend.
How many pounds do you think I need for 10 fishermen?

I will be smoking them one day and they will be taken on the trip and eaten the next day. They will probably be reheated on the BBQ and sauced at that time.
I plan to do them 3-2 and I'm thinking I will not do the 1 hour as the BBQ reheat/saucing of 15/20 minutes will take care of that.
After the 3-2, should I leave the ribs in the foil and only unwrap when ready to reheat or should I take them out of the foil after the 2 hours? I'm thinking that if I leave them in the foil they will retain moisture.

Would appreciate your input.
Thanks
SDC
Olde Tyme Square Dance for Fun

mikecorn.1

If I was going. I would expect a whole rack just for me. Just saying ;D ;)
I don't see nothing wrong with leaving them wrapped. That's what I would do. Just my opinion. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

sparky1

i eat a whole rack myself also.  i like the wrap and reheat method.  thats what i would to do.
26.75 OTG
18.5 WSM

watchdog56

Do you plan on having fish with the ribs or potato's or beans? If so I would think maybe 1/2-3/4 rack per person depending on how big everyone is. But then again, maybe when they get that first taste they might only want the ribs in that case you might want to go with a full rack ;D ;)

Kahunas

Generally if there are other food items to go along with ribs you can figure on 1/2 a rack per person. Some will eat more, some will eat less. You could always do a couple more buy I would say 5 to 7 racks would be fine unless you want left overs. Leaving them wrapped and reheat them will work great for you. I would probably put the sauce on after the 2 hour portion so they can set in it until reheating. If these are really nice baby backs that are very tender you probably don't need the 3.2.1 but a 2.2.1 would be sufficient and probably not be as dry in the end. Any certain kind you are fishing for?
Have a great time fishing
Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

sdcaller

We go up to Manitoulin Island and fish Lake Manitou for Lake Trout.
Manitoulin is about 6 hours North and West of Toronto in Ontario.
Manitoulin is a deep lake, over 140ft deep in places, but this time of year the fish are usually in shallow water 3ft to 15ft. Spring has come early this year in Ontario and with the water warming up, the fish may be deeper this year. We shall have to search for them.
The fish normally run in the 2.5 to 8.0 lb range and are great eating. They smoke up well.
SDC 
Olde Tyme Square Dance for Fun

KyNola

If you are going to put a Rub on your ribs that contains salt I would not want to leave those ribs wrapped in foil for more than a day.  The salt in the Rub will have a reaction with the foil and begin to eat the foil away and may make your ribs taste funny.  If it is going to be longer than 24 hours you might want to wrap the ribs in plastic wrap and then the foil.

mikecorn.1

Ditto. I put the rub on and wrap in plastic wrap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike