Makin' Bacon -OOOps could use some advice

Started by GusRobin, April 14, 2012, 09:28:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldHickory

Gus, that is some good looking bacon and a great looking BLT, ummm.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

GusRobin

Finally got around to slicing and bagging the bacon for freezing. Leaving them wrapped and unsliced in the fridge seems like I ended up with a stronger flavor (good thing).
Here they are sliced

I wrap them in saran wrap in about 1 lb packets.  I then put them in a ziplock vacuum bag, about 3 lbs to a bag. Then into the freezer. This allows me to open the bag, take a pack out, and re-vacuum pack the remainder and put bag into the freezer.

I have an 11 lb belly ready to become bacon. So much to smoke, so little time.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

smoke em if you got em

Nice looking bacon. Did you slice that by hand?

Mike
OBS w/ dual element and fan mods
Dual-Probe auber pid
Charbroil BEESR
Charbroil SRG
Excalibur 9 tray dehydrator
Outdoor Gourmet pellet grill
Old Smokey #22 charcoal grill
Camp Chef DLX pellet grill

GusRobin

Used my chef's choice slicer. I got a great deal on Home Shopping about a year or so ago. Here is a link to it on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/EdgeCraft-610-Choice-Premium-Electric/dp/B0002AKCOC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1335063406&sr=8-2
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

viper125

Pork butt,Pork shoulder or Boston butt what ever its called there is also a great substitute. Called buck board or hillbilly bacon here. And it's all my wife will eat now. Enough fat but not too much! Not as lean as Canadian bacon.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.