convert to digital

Started by sawchuk103, April 19, 2012, 08:47:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawchuk103

Okay, I have a BT1S1 smoker, I find the temperature is difficult to keep steady. If I bought a digital puck feeder unit, would it be able to have something to control temperature so it doesnt act irratically? Is this what a digital temp / puck feeder do for me?

TonyL222

Get this:

http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8&products_id=151&zenid=4219e55bf87d202b83f0eda486cc840b

This is the dual probe which controls cook temp and can adjust cook temp either by time or by meat internal temp.  There's a cheaper, single probe version which just controls cook temp by time. Will maintain cook temp with +/- 2 degrees of setting.

TedEbear

You can also get a project box single probe version Auber PID for around $45.

mikecorn.1

Quote from: sawchuk103 on April 19, 2012, 08:47:07 PM
Okay, I have a BT1S1 smoker, I find the temperature is difficult to keep steady. If I bought a digital puck feeder unit, would it be able to have something to control temperature so it doesnt act irratically? Is this what a digital temp / puck feeder do for me?
You will still get the temp swings. Only difference is that you will see the set temp digitally. You don't really need a PID unless you are gonna be making sausage and maybe fish. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

mikecorn.1

Quote from: KyNola on April 20, 2012, 07:00:15 AM
The digital puck feeder unit is not compatible with the original Bradley.  On the digital, there is a sensor cable that runs from the generator to the tower that monitors and regulates the temp inside the tower.  The original Bradley does not have such a cable nor a place to plug it in.
Oops forgot about that. ;D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Habanero Smoker

If you do a search you will find at least one member who converted his OBS cabinet to accept the digital generator; though the digital generator is not or during that time was not sold as a stand alone or replacement; he was able to get one.

But as previously mentioned you will still get the swings. Before I got my temperature controller, I would set the my Maverick ET-72 to send an alarm at +/-10degrees so I would have to run back and forth to adjust the slider.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

sawchuk103

Thanks for all your information guys! An Auber controller on the way.