Building a Boeing 737-800 simulator

Started by Flyboyandre, April 22, 2012, 07:07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flyboyandre

Quote from: hal4uk on October 09, 2012, 06:21:49 PM
Persistence.

Such a simple word, but the vast majority of people just don't get it.
Set a goal.  Grab some tunnel vision, and follow through.
I'm proud to know ya, brother.
Can't wait to see it "fly".

Very kind of you Hal. I'm a bit hesitant posting updates as I don't want to derail the forum from it's intended topics. I hope that people speak up if they think I have forgotten the definition of a "smoker".
Tonight I tested out the 2 Flight Management Computers. This is starting to become fun :)

Tenpoint5

Oh Hell yeah you have gone off the deep end and this build of yours is no where near a smoker. However it is just damn interesting to most of us, especially me. I think it is just cool as hell to watch a video game be constructed. Now granted it IS taking a lot longer than an episode of "How It's Made" ;D
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Flyboyandre

Here is a small demo clip of the flight controls taken during better lighting conditions :)

http://youtu.be/cQQOMW2CIpY?hd=1

iceman

Quote from: hal4uk on October 09, 2012, 06:21:49 PM
Persistence.

Such a simple word, but the vast majority of people just don't get it.
Set a goal.  Grab some tunnel vision, and follow through.
I'm proud to know ya, brother.
Can't wait to see it "fly".

Ditto that!!
I certainly enjoy your posts. Keep them coming.

squirtthecat

X3!

I wanna see it ready to ride on a float in the Puyallup 4th of July parade!

Flyboyandre

Lol, i will open the garage door and maybe roll it down the driveway.
Someone tell the parade people to route past my house at Lipoma Firs :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

GusRobin

I want a ride!!! But only if I get a free 1st class seat. ;D ;D
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

mikeradio

Great project and I am loving following your journey , keep them up

hal4uk

Gadgetry Time!    Lemme push the buttons!!!

(On second thought, some guy said "Sure, OK" to that once... While I was on an SIU Engineering field trip, and I still hear the alarms ringing in my head... when the whole Saint Louis, MO waste water disposal system came to an abrupt halt.  Whoops.)

I'll just stand back.
Awrighten.
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Flyboyandre

I installed the two Flight Management Computers this afternoon and started the glareshield construction.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

3rensho

Andre, I thoroughly enjoy following this thread.  Please keep posting.  It's amazing.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

Flyboyandre

Today was just one of those days where I really didn't feel like doing anything. However it seems as my brain is wired in such a way that a day without some kind of progress is considered as neglect.
Anyways, got the frame for the glareshield in place and pushed the MIP into position. Measurements are coming out very nicely when compared to the markuspilot website.
I also cut the template components for the top of the glareshield. Would have finished this as well but someone must have stolen wood from my supply (or did I just run out?). Not much to show for but let me at least share a few pictures for documentation purposes :)

Flyboyandre

Ok, glareshield top cut and fitted tonight. The detail work will have to wait until tomorrow. Ran out of screws......

hal4uk

You know...  If you don't cease and desist pretty soon, you're gonna have more than $50 invested in this...

Are you sure?
[Apply, Continue] | [Yes, Continue] |  [No, Continue]
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

squirtthecat

It's only weird if it doesn't work...

'Nuff said.   :D