• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Just got my new Bradley digital 4!!!!

Started by tbone124, May 04, 2012, 05:29:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbone124

I set the oven temp to 220.  Every hour I would glance at my meat temp and I noticed it was dropping (went from 177 to 168) at first I thought I hit the dreaded stall but when I checked the smoker I noticed my oven temp was down to 190 (was around 214 all day). I opened the door to see if the heating element was glowing and didn't a glow.. I checked my temp settings and oven time and they were set.   So went and checked my plugs even re seated them nothing changed.  I then turned off the oven and turned it back on setting it to 320 (max) and finally it came back.  I had to do this twice until if started working correctly.  It wasn't windy and the outside temp was around 65

watchdog56

Welcome to the forum. I use 3 bubba pucks all the time and never have a problem. Make sure the smoke generator is clear of any used puck residue.

tbone124

I'll say this was user error or too many beers! Did another Boston last night and this morning it was done and the oven temp was around 220(like I set it). Thanks guys for all the help and suggestions!  I have to say I love this smoker :)

Olathelablover

So exciting!  I also just got my 4 shelf digital and am going to season it today to et it ready for a day of smoking.  Going to do some Salmon, cranberry orange brined turkey breast, and sausage.  My mouth is just watering thinking abut it!

mikecorn.1

Quote from: Olathelablover on May 06, 2012, 07:13:20 AM
So exciting!  I also just got my 4 shelf digital and am going to season it today to et it ready for a day of smoking.  Going to do some Salmon, cranberry orange brined turkey breast, and sausage.  My mouth is just watering thinking abut it!
Good luck. Post pics if you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike