I Nominate NODAK For The 1st BS Perseveranc Award

Started by owrstrich, February 25, 2006, 11:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

owrstrich

i nominate nodak for the bradley smoker perseverance award...

i know of no poster on this forum who could have thrown in the towel before the bell rang... who kept throwing punches... who keep taking punches to the point blurred vision but never lost sight... and who is now successful with the bradley smoker and the new digital temperature control...

it has been an amazing journey to follow...  from right out of the box generator failuer to guru to pid to now worry free smoking...

the beginning...

www.bradleysmoker.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2687

the middle...

http://www.bradleysmoker.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2773&whichpage=1&SearchTerms=guru

now...

http://www.bradleysmoker.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3071

modernization awards and honorable mention for all contributors to the addition of digital temperature controls...

i gotts to say this whole digital control thing has been one for the history books...

for me... the very beginning was ... by msiler 18 mar 2004 and
19 may 2004

www.bradleysmoker.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=197&whichpage=1

www.bradleysmoker.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=290&whichpage=1

lvigil and car54 got me sniffing with this post...

www.bradleysmoker.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2329&SearchTerms=pid

oldman and norbert got me on the hook with this post...

www.bradleysmoker.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2424&SearchTerms=pid

smokehouserob and bubbagump got me on the stringer with this post...

www.bradleysmoker.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2968&SearchTerms=pid

im sure some have been left out... but here is a list of folks that have contributed to me and others getting a digital temperature control on our smokers...

nodak
nsxbill
oldman
drano38
phoneguy
tomg
bubbagump
manxman
iknowwood
arcsnsparks
garyco
bugboat
rgardjr
dick621
chefBill
headgames
koshersmokin
car54
soupguy
kamanodental
mrdennisg
smokehouserob
msiler
chezbubba
snapper39
imott
sesh

whats keeping you folks away from the chat... its not hot women or the lack of ideas...

tuesday night chat... approx 9pm eastern till whenever...

show up if you can... if not... theres always next week...

heres the link....

http://susan.rminor.com/forums/chat.php?

also...

anyone with a login at olds place can start a chat anytime...
invite others by posting a chat thread here at the bs forum...
login olds place at http://susan.rminor.com/forums/chat.php?...
wait for others to show up...

you gotta eat....

owrstrich
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

Oldman

Hey as far as the chat goes you can invite a friend who does not smoke foods.

We add four more sub-rooms to the chat so if you want to chat with your, let's say, gardening friends you can use one of the subrooms.

If you belong to a group and you all would like your own sub-chatroom let me know and we will set one up for you. i.e. WCF (West Coast Fishing) or whatever...

We can have unlimted subrooms and unlimited persons chatting.

While originally the chat was for food smokers I would be glad to open it up to any Bradley member who belongs to another group.  The only catch is that member will have to over see it. I don't have time to police it.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

ChefBill

You Know you got to love the folks on this Forum. You got <font color="red">advice</font id="red">, <font color="green">recipes</font id="green">, <font color="purple">knowledge</font id="purple">, <font color="maroon">friendship</font id="maroon"> and <font color="blue">Humor</font id="blue">. I just never seem to be in the right place at the right time to hit the "Chat Line" of Raye's. I got to make an effort to get there this Tue.  AS for NODAK, I second the motion, it's as if he's been plagued with "Murphys Law".

ChefBill
If you can eat it, you can smoke it.
If you can eat it, Then You can smoke it

Oldman

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

bubbagump

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by owrstrich</i>
<br />i nominate nodak for the bradley smoker perseverance award...
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I agree. Well deserved recognition.

Way to go nodak![:)]

Bubbagump

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Oldman</i>
<br />I agree about nodak....

Olds

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
 I agree too [;)]

nodak

Thanks owrstrich,

But I deserve none of the recognition.  The <font color="red">community</font id="red"> here deserves all the credit.  I just kept asking questions and no one ever told me to get lost,  all more than willing to help. What a great bunch of people.  One outstanding authority on PID's, I would like to thank is bubbagump.  Not only his help, but tremendous patience in working me through the PID building process.  

He?? I only bought my smoker for deer meat. AS they never put enough pork in it for me and probably get somebody Else's meat.  But you all opened my to other things like Pulled pork, ribs and cheese(which I will try again, as first time was a failure.)

HMMMMM, next projects will be a fan for inside my box, and a fan vent in the garage for inclement weather and a rolling stand for my BS and maybe a homemade bigger smoke for sausage and jerky.  Any other projects I should be looking at.

<font color="blue">The</font id="blue"> <font color="red">blind award</font id="red"> <font color="blue">than must go to Wade Bradley for not knowing the sales this forum has generated</font id="blue">.

PS.  I think owrstrich must have meant BS stands for bullshi??.  as that's probably the only award I would deserve.

"If you're not living on the edge, You're taking up way too much room, so get the he-- out of my way."

gary_CO

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">...One outstanding authority on PID's, I would like to thank is bubbagump.  Not only his help, but tremendous patience in working me through the PID building process...<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Muskwa

I think there are a lot of people here who deserve awards. Let's call them the Bradley's because Oscar is taken. Which means we need some categories. I have a few suggestions.....

Recipe of the year
Forum contributor of the year
Gadget of the year
Best Picture..with my apology to Oscar
Lifetime achievement
Best original concoction

The categories and the nominees are endless. I wonder if Wade (best unsupporting actor) would allow his mug to be used as a statue!

What do you all think? Any nominees?

PS. sorry I've been in hiding for a while. Been looking at some property to build a new house and have been a little preoccupied.

Muskwa