Busy weekend for Newbie .....

Started by Old Frenchie, May 14, 2012, 03:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Frenchie

Quote from: 10.5 Mobile on May 15, 2012, 04:43:26 PM
Quick question. Is Rhubarb a local locker plant ora little family store? I am just curious since the tag does have a use by date on it. Like I said just curious

Ha ..ha.. you're very perceptive. Those are leftover wine bottle "neck labels" I use to identify wines while laying in my wine cellar racks. I use the extras as scrap paper for notes. In this case I used them to identify the Brats from the Beef and the Irish.  That left label says IRISH on the other side. The front of the label is printed as Pelletier Family Vineyard - Rhubarb wine along with vintage date, batch number,  etc. I make fruit wines that are on the sweet side for the ladies ... I don't like whites or sweets ... I only drink dry, tannic, reds.
Original 4-Rack Bradley Electric Smoker
Brinkman Electric Smoker
Weston 3/4hp Grinder (575 watts)
Grizzly 5lb Vertical Stuffer
1st sausage made: April 2012

10.5 Mobile

You were supposed to reply that you was trying to come up with a new rhubarb pork sausa ;D

NePaSmoKer

Thems pretty tight sausage links for a KA?

Old Frenchie

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on May 17, 2012, 07:53:12 AM

Yeah ... I really overstuffed them.  I was having a lot of trouble with the KA stuffer ... My wife, who was helping me, said she heard some new words that she never heard before  :-[  And she has been with me for over 46 years!

That is the last time with the KA stuffer ... I'll still use the KA grinder for a bit longer but I will be ordering a 5lb vertical stuffer later today.  ;)

Roger
Brinkman Electric Smoker

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Old Frenchie on May 17, 2012, 08:51:45 AM
Quote from: NePaSmoKer on May 17, 2012, 07:53:12 AM

Yeah ... I really overstuffed them.  I was having a lot of trouble with the KA stuffer ... My wife, who was helping me, said she heard some new words that she never heard before  :-[  And she has been with me for over 46 years!

That is the last time with the KA stuffer ... I'll still use the KA grinder for a bit longer but I will be ordering a 5lb vertical stuffer later today.  ;)

Roger

Roger that/Roger

Old Frenchie

Like the saying ..... "just-do-it" ....

I just ordered a Grizzly 5lb vertical stuffer !!!!! ;D   ;D    ;D    ;D

No more KA stuffing !!

No more sausage making till it gets here.  ::)

Roger
Brinkman Electric Smoker

rsherman24

You will not be disappointed with the vertical stuffer.  I think I used my KA stuffer once and put it up for sale on eBay 

mikecorn.1

Quote from: Old Frenchie on May 18, 2012, 11:03:48 AM

No more KA stuffing !!

Roger
Where from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Old Frenchie

Quote from: mikecorn.1 on May 18, 2012, 12:34:37 PM

No more KA stuffing !!

Roger
Where from?

From Grizzly.com (Grizzly industrial) ... for $80 plus shipping ... $93 total.  I can live with the plastic gears. If they break, I can replace with metal gears from LEM (from what I understand from previous posts).
Brinkman Electric Smoker

mikecorn.1

Quote from: Old Frenchie on May 18, 2012, 01:09:44 PM
Quote from: mikecorn.1 on May 18, 2012, 12:34:37 PM

No more KA stuffing !!

Roger
Where from?

From Grizzly.com (Grizzly industrial) ... for $80 plus shipping ... $93 total.  I can live with the plastic gears. If they break, I can replace with metal gears from LEM (from what I understand from previous posts).
Thanks for the reply. I didn't know you could replace the gears with some from LEM. I looked at grizzly.com and clicked on the parts list for the stuffer. Seems you can order everything for it if something happens but not the gears. ??? 
Edit:  ;D just looked online, found in another forum of a member buying LEM gears that will fit the grizzly. Another member posted that the stuffers are more than likely made by the same manufacturer and that LEM chooses to put metal gears on theirs along with their brand :). Also that grizzly will direct customers to LEM to purchase replacement gears :o. Don't know if this is still true. I guess you can always ask their customer service dept and LET US KNOW ;D.

Mike