First Time User

Started by Socalerv, July 01, 2012, 12:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Socalerv

I am having issues. I have set the smoker to run 3 hours and the oven to run for seven hours. Once the smoker has timed out the temparature falls to zero.

Do I need to have the smoker on for the oven to work?

mikecorn.1

Sounds like your not getting any heat coming off the element. What is the temp in cabinet while its on. Have you looked inside while its on to see if the element is glowing red. Others will be by with more info, but we need more info to help.
Mike

Socalerv

I checked the element and it comes on and off to keep the temp in the oven, It just seems when the time goes to zero in the smoker the oven shuts down.

mikecorn.1

If you get no other responses, which you should. Contact Bradley and explain what is going on. They have a great customer service dept.
Mike

KyNola

I have to ask what may be a stupid sounding question.  Did you set the oven temperature?  If not that is why the temp in the tower falls when the smoke generator shuts off although I'm pretty sure it doesn't drop to zero as that is pretty cold. ;)

Socalerv

I am giving it a test. Set the smoker for twenty minutes and the oven for 2 hours. Will take a look at it in a few.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: KyNola on July 01, 2012, 08:49:34 PM
I have to ask what may be a stupid sounding question.  Did you set the oven temperature?  If not that is why the temp in the tower falls when the smoke generator shuts off although I'm pretty sure it doesn't drop to zero as that is pretty cold. ;)

Kynola,
when you turn on a digital it auto sets to 280 for 4 hours for warm up. It sounds like there may be a wiring issue if the smoke side shuts off the element. Will wait and see what his practice runs indicate
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!