Cold Smoking Pork Ribs

Started by T.Dubya, August 12, 2012, 04:40:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T.Dubya

Hey all,

I am going on a fishing trip next week with some friends. I just got a BTDS76P a few weeks ago and am starting to experiment a bit with it.
The place we are going to doesn't have electricity and I am wanting to cold smoke some ribs and then cook them once we get up the camp.

Are there any links on how to properly do this? or can anybody point me in the right direction?

Thanks a lot,

TW

Tenpoint5

I would suggest cooking the ribs with the 3-2-1 method. Only don't do the last step. Then either vac seal or wrap in plastic, freeze, then reheat and sauce over a campfire at the lake
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OU812

Like 10.5 stated

Smoke the ribs 3 hr

Place the ribs in some foil with a splash of liquid(I uas warm beer and butter)then cook another 1.5 to 2 hr in the foil.

Pull outta the smoker and throw in the fridge(still in the foil)

At the camp site warm the ribs in the foil a bit then remove form the foil and finish the way you like

Buck36

Ribs are a staple for us when camping. We do it just like the guys stated above and it never disappoints.

CLAREGO

just did this memorial day worked great
Quote from: OU812 on August 12, 2012, 06:57:10 AM
Like 10.5 stated

Smoke the ribs 3 hr

Place the ribs in some foil with a splash of liquid(I uas warm beer and butter)then cook another 1.5 to 2 hr in the foil.

Pull outta the smoker and throw in the fridge(still in the foil)

At the camp site warm the ribs in the foil a bit then remove form the foil and finish the way you like