Finish butt in oven?

Started by bus33, June 21, 2012, 09:49:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bus33

Hey all, I am a new Bradley Original owner.  I added an Auber PID to control the heat.  I am planning on a butt this weekend and had a question.  I have read over the forum posts on smoking butts and most finish in the oven.  I am not opposed to doing this, however I am wondering why.  Is it hard on the bradley to keep it running that long, do you worry about it going overnight/unattended?  I'd rather let her cook in the bradley for the duration but don't want to mess anything up.

Thanks!

Kahunas

I like to go in the Bradley myself. Especially in the summer so I don't heat the house up.
Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Ka Honu

I often use the oven or crockpot to finish butts because I usually do two or three at a time and it's easier than trying to maintain temperature for that long in my "unenhanced" OBS.

mikecorn.1

When I do them in the Bradley, I will finish them in it unless its gonna rain. Them I'll take it inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Wildcat

Quote from: mikecorn.1 on June 21, 2012, 01:19:08 PM
When I do them in the Bradley, I will finish them in it unless its gonna rain. Them I'll take it inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What he said!
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

watchdog56

I have done both ways and I like to finish in the Bradley better, I think it gets more flavor that way.

bus33

Thanks for the replies.  The weather man says little chance of rain so it looks like I will be finishing in the Bradley.