Hickory-Smoked Maple Bacon, with FINAL PIX!

Started by Kevin A, June 04, 2012, 10:15:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamuelG

SamuelG

JZ

That looks awesome! Very Nice job!   :)

Gonna have to give this a try some day but not till I get one of those pig squishers .... never seen or heard of anything like that ... very cool  8)

Kevin A

Quote from: JZ on June 16, 2012, 08:43:28 PM
Gonna have to give this a try some day but not till I get one of those pig squishers .... never seen or heard of anything like that ... very cool  8)
Those bacon presses do come in handy. you can get em online at amazon or elsewhere. A whole variety of sizes & weights. I like the round one I have as it fits large fry pans perfectly, is heavy, and since it is also cast iron, it get hot (wooden handle stays cool) & 'browns the bacon from the top. flat, crisp bacon in half the time!  ;)

Kevin

4given

Not Perfect but Forgiven
Bradley BTIS1
Green Mountain Grill "Daniel Boone" Pellet Grill
Webber "Q" 100

Smoker John

Looks excellent, this has been a great thread, I learned quite a bit from it
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

slowpoke

I had to get out the popcorn for this one.Better than an adventure movie LOL.Way To Go!Kevin.
If your looking back at the things you missed,You won't know what hit you.

Kevin A

Quote from: slowpoke on June 19, 2012, 03:00:44 PM
I had to get out the popcorn for this one.Better than an adventure movie LOL.Way To Go!Kevin.
LOL!
Next time we'll do 3D & 'Smell-o-vision'  ;)

Kevin

Consooger

"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

Kevin A

Quote from: Consooger on June 24, 2012, 09:44:35 PM
What was the total smoke time on this?
almost 14 hours of cold smoke overnight. I could've gone even longer, but it was going to be HOT day & the ambient temps were climbing into the low 80's early in the morn.

Kevin

Consooger

I'm going to try this recipe, or at least style with the extra smoke.

I just ordered 20 lbs of fresh belly skin off for $2.49 a lb so I say WHY NOT!

- John
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife