Kummock and the Alaskans--enough already!

Started by tsquared, March 11, 2006, 12:39:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsquared

I know you 'mericans who live in the midwest are used to seeing the inclement weather broadcast to you as "down from Canada" but here in British Columbia, alot of the chillier stuff is presented to us as "down from the Gulf of Alaska." So Kummock and the rest of you northern  characters--ENOUGH ALREADY--KNOCK IT OFF--IT'S MARCH AND THERE'S SNOW ON MY PEACH BLOSSOMS![:D] I mean, I'm sharpening my halibut hooks for a halibut derby on the 25th of this month--I want to have the hook out, lines in the water and be smoking a stogie and drinking an IPA with my feet up in the spring sunshine listening to some tunes, not huddled under a scrap of canvas in a 20 knot NW wind, freezing my keester off! oh well, there is a bright side--skiing is the best I've seen it. Going tomorrow upisland for the weekend--490cm of base, 13" in the last 2 days--hog heaven. Island life--tough as hell but someone's got to do it![8D]
Happy smoking
T2
(If I seem a little joyous, it's because I have a week off.)

nodak

tsquared my best advice is if they send you crappy weather is to keep it up there!!!!!!!!!!  Oh yeah, and if it makes it down here to the real USA, we're gonna blame you cannuks anyway, so keep it up there, don't bring the battle to the south[:D]

"If you're not living on the edge, You're taking up way too much room, so get the he-- out of my way."

tsquared

How 'bout I send it south west to Hawaii. They'll freeze their leis, but who cares?[8D]
T2

Thunder Fish

I'm heading up to the Cariboo in two weeks for a week of spring Ice fishing.............Now I've confused the board again[:D]..........sorry tsquared.............just had to[:)]...........the dump of snow we had on the mainland hopefully won't affect the fruit trees that are in full blossom or the spring flowers that are already showing up [8D]

manxman

So next time the meteorologists her in the UK say the bad weather has come across the Atlantic from America,we know exactly who to blame![}:)]

Manxman.
Manxman

Kummok

PEACH BLOSSOMS!?!?!?  Sounds like we need an international exchange program started....instead of oil for food, we'll try peaches for smoked Alaskan salmon, (imported from Canada, of course[;)]!!

I actually didn't know we were sharing the weather with anyone else.....it's been so cold here that I had to put Reflect-X around my three carbs (that's on a snowmobile for those of you in "real America" and Rio Linda[;)])  to keep them from icing up while I'm out killing ptarmigan! It's worth it though.....tenderized, breaded/fried and then dumped into the crock pot with chicken stock and a few "special" spices for a day's slooooooow cooking, served over red jasmine rice and fresh baby spinich leaves....MMmmmmmmm.....takes the chill off and then some!!  Yer right T2.....folks jes shouldn't have to live like this!![:p][:p][;)][:D]

35 years of extinguishing smoking stuff and now I'm wondering WHY!
Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

tsquared

I grew up on grouse of all kinds, pheasant, duck and geese but ptarmigan is one I haven't tried. You make it sound good tho... Skiing was unbelievable--sunny, just above freezing, lots of beautiful snow, and an incredible view of the Strait of Georgia on one side and Comox glacier when you turn around and look towards the center of the island. Glad to hear you're enjoying yourself up there Kummock. Got boat?
T2

iceman

I don't know about you Kummok but this cold streak is getting me p'd off. I brined some salmon filets Friday evening and put them outside overnight. It was supposed to stay in the low 30s. I got up Saturday morning only to find it 15 below and the brine hard as a rock![:(!] I had to thaw it out and wait until Saturday night to get it in the smoker. Geez I am SOOOO ready for summer. Hope to get down to say hello soon.

boxertrio

not to cold here, but the tornado's pretty much leveled this part of the state Sunday....wifes Durango took some pretty big hits (baseball size hail), but hey, we had power back this morning[:D]  Got a couple of buds from work with only a foundation left. Joe is still looking for his new 5th wheel...no where to be found. So if any of ya see it drop me a line.

Glenn

White smoke good...Black smoke bad!!
--"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever the cost, fight back!" -- Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper; USMC

iceman

Good grief boxer, I saw some pictures of the hail damage down there. That stuff would kill a guy if he got hit by it. Snow in San Jose Ca., hail where your at, sub zero up here. What the heck is going on? Someone once told me if all the cows in this country farted at the same time we'd get global warming. Wait a minute maybe that was supposed to be if all the politicians talked at once.[:o)] Anyhow I hope you and your buddies recoup from things alright.<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by boxertrio</i>
<br />not to cold here, but the tornado's pretty much leveled this part of the state Sunday....wifes Durango took some pretty big hits (baseball size hail), but hey, we had power back this morning[:D]  Got a couple of buds from work with only a foundation left. Joe is still looking for his new 5th wheel...no where to be found. So if any of ya see it drop me a line.

Glenn

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Kummok

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by iceman</i>
<br />.....Someone once told me if all the cows in this country farted at the same time we'd get global warming. Wait a minute maybe that was supposed to be if all the politicians talked at once......<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Flatulent cattle.....bloviating politicians....Definitely Same, Same!!![xx(]

T2: No boat yet....looking "iffy" this summer. Much work to be completed on the ol' homestead this summer PLUS a 2-way AlCan trip so even IF I found the PERFECT boat for next to nothing, it's doubtful I'd get much time-off to use it...WAAAAAAHHHH[:(]  Glad to hear the skiing was all you'd hoped for!![8D] Sounds like the view is awesome! Goggle "Alyeska" and you'll feel right at home!!

Iceman:  Congrats!! You've discovered "Salmoncicles"!! ......Come on down, I've still got 23 sheets of 5/8" drywall to put on the garage ceiling! [:D][;)][;)]

Dang, Boxer.... as I was typing this, I could swear I just saw a Holiday Rambler flying by overhead in the jetstream. What kinda party are you throwing down there?!?!?[:0][;)]

35 years of extinguishing smoking stuff and now I'm wondering WHY!
Kummok @ Homer, AK USA

tsquared

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Dang, Boxer.... as I was typing this, I could swear I just saw a Holiday Rambler flying by overhead in the jetstream. What kinda party are you throwing down there?!?!?

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I saw the same thing go by here too--only I thought i saw a blonde girl and a little dog hanging onto the door handle.[:D] You get some serious wind down there, Boxerman!
T2

boxertrio

clean up is goin well, but now they are calling for sleet and snow! Man I Love Missouri[:D].....by the way, found the 5th wheel...it is now one with a large elm tree...RIP dear Airstream[:D][:D][:D]

Glenn

--"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever the cost, fight back!" -- Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper; USMC