Rckcrwlr is Hanging with some Chicks

Started by Rckcrwlr, July 30, 2012, 01:53:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rckcrwlr

A visit with the butcher yielded me three whole chickens and three wonderful briskets.

The briskets will be addressed at a later time...

But tonight I am going to halve the chicks and marinate them in Scott's BBQ Sauce.  They will then be smoked and finished in the Big Easy for Crispness. This will be dinner for Wednesday Night.

Pictures will follow...

squirtthecat

Rckcrwlr

Life got in the way...

My daughter graduated high school and we just got back from Vacation.  It's amazing the time that is taken up with planning and pulling off a Grad party.

Only smoking I have had time for was Boulders.  I refuse to spend $9/lb for turkey breasts injected with liquid smoke and pulled off as Smoked Turkey.  LOL

Glad to see I was missed.

I have a lot of stuff going in the smoker in the next couple weeks...Going to try a salmon for the first time.

Rckcrwlr

I split the Chicken into 6 halves and introduced them to Scott...

Double bagged the halves

Put Scott in with them (about a cup).  You can see all the spices.

Forced all the air out of the bag and knotted it up.  Will move it around occasionally between now and when I put them in the smoker.

Tenpoint5

That must be some good stuff if it makes chicken good enough to eat!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Rckcrwlr

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on July 31, 2012, 06:04:45 AM
That must be some good stuff if it makes chicken good enough to eat!!

Amen to that.

Can't wait to get them in the smoker...Then a finish in TBE will be the "Cherry on Top"

May put some Taters in the TBE also.

squirtthecat

MidKnightRider

looks like those chicks are getting happy! Going to taste great!
"A Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."John Adams
The Big Easy
OBS
ProQ Smoke Gererator
Little Chief Front Loader
Chair-Broil Electric Smoker
Thermos Gas Grill
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/index.php
BBQ Evangelist

OU812

Rckcrwlr

Threw them in for 2 hours of Apple Smoke...

Wow...these things had beautiful color...time to go in TBE.  I double stacked them with the basket shelf...

After about 2 hours in The Big Easy...here is the finished product.  Sorry for the bad picture...I seriously was fighting them off of them.  At this time two halves were gone and I hadn't tasted them yet.

Scott's BBQ gave the chicken a depth of flavor that cannot be described.  I will be ordering it by the case next time around.

OU812

Rckcrwlr

I have two halves left...hid them from them.

May try a pulled chicken with a little of the Scotts added.

squirtthecat

Quote from: Rckcrwlr on August 01, 2012, 07:16:04 AM
May try a pulled chicken with a little of the Scotts added.

Good eats!   I did that with the last of the Scotts I had..