Cut off the cob N make super sweet outta some

Cut off the cob N make cream corn outta some

And the kids all show up for some  ::)

GusRobin

Quote from: OU812 on July 27, 2012, 08:41:22 AM
We poach N freez some on the cob

can you share the recipe for (1) poaching; (2) cream corn
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

MidKnightRider

Quote from: OU812 on July 27, 2012, 08:41:22 AM

Do you use a corn creamer?
"A Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."John Adams
The Big Easy
OBS
ProQ Smoke Gererator
Little Chief Front Loader
Chair-Broil Electric Smoker
Thermos Gas Grill
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/index.php
BBQ Evangelist

Habanero Smoker

Have you ever made Pickled Corn on the Cob? It's an acquired taste, but I love the stuff; especially when it is cold and you eat it on a hot summer day.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

OU812

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on July 28, 2012, 01:44:04 AM
Have you ever made Pickled Corn on the Cob? It's an acquired taste, but I love the stuff; especially when it is cold and you eat it on a hot summer day.

Interesting!

Do you have more info on this?

Thanks

Habanero Smoker

Sorry for the late response. I was away this weekend.

I used Pickled Corn on the Cob Recipe, and added a few ingredients. I don't make that much at a time, so I don't use a hot bath. The directions

As I said in my other post, pickled corn on the cob is unique "pickle", though some may say it is an acquired taste.  For me it is a refreshing snack to munch on during a hot day. Next time I will grill the corn and maybe add some smoke flavor, before pickling.

Ingredients
6 ears corn - husked, cleaned and quartered
2 tablespoon salt (divided)
4 cups white vinegar
11/3 cups white sugar
1 tablespoon pickling spice
2 bay leaves
1 (3 inch) cinnamon stick
4 red Thai chiles, stems removed and slit on two sides
1 large red onion, quartered and thinly sliced

Directions:

1.   Rinse the corn, and place in a large bowl with one tablespoon of salt and enough water to cover. Refrigerate until needed.

2.   Sterilize 4 1-quart jars in simmering water for 5 minutes. Place one chile in each jar. If you want more heat add more chiles.

3.   In a 5 – 6 quart stock pot, add together the vinegar, sugar,salt and pickling spice; and stir until sugar and salt is mostly dissolved. Add the bay leaves and cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil over medium heat; stirring occasionally making sure all the sugar and salt is dissolved.

4.   Drain and rinse the corn under cold water. Add to the pot with the pickling mixture. Return to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove corn with a slotted spoon, and fill the sterile jars, alternating with slices of onion.

5.   Remove the cinnamon stick and bay leaves from the liquid, and discard. Fill the jars of corn with the vinegar mixture to within 1/2 inch of the top. The corn should be completely covered. Wipe the rims of the jars with a clean cloth. Seal with lids and rings.

6.   Process the jars in a hot water bath for the time recommended by your local extension in your area. Most areas require about 10 minutes in a water bath of 180 degrees F (82 degrees C). Refrigerate after opening. Best served cold.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)