Bradley smoke finger foods for 8 to 10

Started by dowjones, October 09, 2012, 04:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dowjones

"For a small party (8 to 10 individuals) what are 3 or 4 popular finger foods smoked in the Bradley that can be served with wine and beer?

Preferably the 3 or 4 finger foods can remain in the Bradley on a low temp and be taken out and served on a per tray basis as the party progresses.

The party will be held outside on the patio and in the adjoining sun room. The Bradley smoker will be off to one side, down wind and accessable as necessary.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

I have had my Bradley smoker for about 6 months and love it. So far, I have smoked ribs, pork chops, salmon, trout, brats and chickens. The Bradley is fantastic!"

Tater

Smoked deviled eggs are very popular with my family and friends.  I get asked constantly to make them.  I boil, peel then cold smoke the eggs for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, usually with alder or apple, then mix up the egg yolks with my favorite recipe.   Simple and very delicious.

Da4cylking

I like to make sausages in the smoker but I don't need casings to do them with. Mix your fav meats and spices and wrap em in a corn husk (soaked of course) The husk will let the smoke in and they are really good. I make them about the size of a regular tamale and cook at 250  until they are done. Best thing is if you don't tell anyone they don't really have a clue until they open them...
Addicted to that smokey yummy stuff

mikecorn.1

You can wrap some already made store bought meatballs with a piece of bacon, put a toothpic thru them to hold the bacon and then smoke them.  :)

Here are some that I made a while back.

Meatballs wrapped with bacon. Used maple for 1 hr.

Mike

KyNola

Mike has steered you to a great one with those Mooink balls.  Don't forget the ABT's either.  Stuffed jalapenos wrapped in bacon.  I suggest you look here: www.susanminor.org  It is a recipe website for the Bradley Smoker.  The recipes were written by Bradley owners for the Bradley Smoker.  No need to sign in.  That was from a while back.

Habanero Smoker

Depending on the space, you can keep most foods warm in the Bradley prior to serving. I often use my Bradley to hold and keep foods warm prior to serving, by keeping the smoker at 150 - 160°F. I also place the food in aluminum pans and cover with foil. If you are holding the food to stay warm more then 30 minutes you may want to rotate the trays.

Baby backs and wings (drumettes work best) make great finger foods that you can hold in the Bradley at a safe temperature, but I would stay away from sticky sauces on either.

Something quick and simple I use on occasion is to use cook fully cooked sausage, cut into 1.5"  lengths, wrap with bacon (I use center cut), secure with a toothpick, and then dredge in a sugar cracked pepper mixture. Place in oven at 350°F and bake until bacon is crisp. For the sausage I like to use a chicken or turkey sausage; such as Apple & Cheese or other flavored sausages. You can also make these in the Bradley. Instead of bacon you can use strips of puff pastry or crescent dough to wrap around the sausage, and bake in the over at 350°F.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

phoenix316

This is an awesome thread.

I want to try the deviled eggs, but my wife says it sounds disgusting.  Hopefully I can convince her it is a good idea.

Tater

Heck Phoenix just smoke up a few to try.  I'll bet she likes them unless she just doesn't like eggs.  If all else fails just smash them up for egg salad sammiches.  Smoked egg salad sammiches are really good too!