It Starts Like This

Started by BigSmoker, March 25, 2006, 11:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigSmoker

Just making food for the weekend.  A suggestion was made about some chili rellenos so I figure I can make those but I want them my way.  I choose chicken.  1st step was to smoke some chicken to add my own personal touch to a great mexican dish[;)].  Here are the split breasts after a little over 2 hours at 275 with hickory smoke.  More to follow as it develops[:D].

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

boxertrio

sounds like a recipie for the books......look forward to the outcome

Glenn

White smoke good...Black smoke bad!!
--"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever the cost, fight back!" -- Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper; USMC

IKnowWood

Sounds good so far.  Keep us up as to what you mix with the chicken and what other fillings and type of pepper and what you did after that.  Batter, breading, fry, blacken, grill or bake.

IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

BigSmoker

Well I wanted to soften my poblanos a little in the oven and I forgot them[:0][:0][:0] so they were basically mush so the relleno didn't happen[V]. I did make the chicken base and it is very simple.

3 split chicken breasts smoked for 2 hours at 275°f.
Let the meat cool so it can be easily handled.  Shread the chicken and discard the skin and bones.  Put the meat in a large bowl.  Add 1 16 ounce jar of tomatillo salsa.  1/2 jar of mole verde(8 oz jar).  1 tablespoon garlic powder, 3/4 tablespoon ground cumin, 1 teaspoon smoke jalapeno powder and salt to taste.  Meat should be wet at this point but not soupy.  Mix ingredients throughly.  Heat in a large skillet until the mixture is hot.  Now its ready to serve in tacos, make tamales, chili rellenos or what ever you want [:p][:p][:p].

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.