Electrical short

Started by banff_springs, August 12, 2012, 06:47:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

banff_springs

I have a dillema.  Bought a digital 4-rack smoker 2 years ago.  Within the first year I needed the smoke generator replaced as it was faulty (no issue as it was under warranty).  Two days ago I was smoking a Beef Tenderloin when after 1.5 hrs of smoking I went to check on my roast and the LCD screen was blank.  After trying to turn oven back on (no luck)...I un-plugged and then re-plugged it back in with no success.  I then when to check my wires and it seems the 3-pronged plug from the smoke generator and heater had pretty much all but melted right off.  Now, seeing as it has been 2-yrs since purchase...but 1-year since new smoke generator, do I have grounds to get smoke generator replaced under warranty?  I am now nervous about using the Bradley smoker as this could have ended disasterously (i.e. Fire).

Guidance would be appreciated.  I can supply a picture for those that would like to see the melted connection/plug.

mikecorn.1

Your best bet would be to contact Bradley and or pm Brian about this. That way you get the correct answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

banff_springs

I'd be happy to PM Brian.  What is his username (or is that his username)>

Thx

mikecorn.1

Quote from: banff_springs on August 12, 2012, 08:07:38 AM
I'd be happy to PM Brian.  What is his username (or is that his username)>

Thx
Bradley (Head Office)     Look up above and click on the Members tab then do a search for it  :) 
Mike

Quarlow

Definiately contact Brian. But what are you doing when you smoke. Do you have an extension cord on it and if so how long and what guage of cord are you using?
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

pensrock

in most cases a melted plug would indicate a loose connection. A loose connection will cause heat, thus causing melting. I'm not saying this is what happened but from my experience would be a good guess. Hopefully you'll get it sorted out.

banff_springs

Thank you.  Didn't know if Brian was a username or actual (and not displayed)....cheers.

banff_springs

Plugged directly into power source...nothing in between...which is a reason I was concerned.

banff_springs

I hope to get it resolved as well.....quickly...as I am missing out on smoke meat...;)...and I have family coming up whom are expecting smoked meat after all the pic's I've posted on FB.

Quarlow

You can find Brian in the members list under (Bradley head office). I think it is near page 47 or 48.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

RossP

Here you go a link to Brians profile

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?action=profile;u=1

Hope everything works out for you.

Ross
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

banff_springs

Brian has been in touch with me.  We're working it out.

Cheers and Thanks