Original Bradley Smoker Questions

Started by NePaSmoKer, March 29, 2006, 04:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Hi All new here to the forum.

I am thinking about buying an original Bradley but i have some questions.

I see you can do bbq, like ribs, chicken, briskit and other meats, True

How is it for jerky. I have a cookshack and it does not do jerky good.

I hear radiant heat? does it radiate from the bottom or the smoke generator? and what temps

If you all rant about it how good it is i will go to Cabelas tonight and buy one.

TYAVM

icerat4

Welcome here NePaSmoker.Wait a bit longer and the newest model will be comming soon and see chez bubba sight to buy your smoker he has great prices and he give a discount on all the wood.I have had my smoker 2 months and i am buying the new 6 rack one with temp control so hang in there check around here theres a great bunch of folks here to help.But do see chezbubba.com to buy he has great service to boot

Gordon

Most forum members have been advising new buyers to wait for the new unit.  

Radiant heat from the bottom.  The smoke generator has an arm that the wood smolders on that does generate some heat, it is also at the bottom.  As long as I have a pan of ice in the box, the generator does not interfere with cold smoking.

I have made jerky in the Bradley, and it turned out great.

Gordo
Unskyled layber

MRH

I just got the Bradley a few weeks back and I have done 2 batches of venison jerky so far and it has turned out perfect![:D]

Mark

iceman

The Bradley is great for making jerky. Like Gordon says if the ambient temp is warm just keep the heat control turned down and put some ice in the catch pan. Your going to have some fun with this thing! Welcome aboard NePaSmoker.

Arcs_n_Sparks

NePaSmoker,

Welcome. Lot of good advice and help here. We look forward to your posts and advice as well.

Arcs_n_Sparks