Hello, from Indiana

Started by Neocrunch, September 09, 2012, 11:11:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neocrunch

Howdy folks.  Looonnnnnggggg-time lurker here.  I recently received my fantasy football winnings from last season and bought a new Bradley smoker(661) and a Maverick ET732.  The smoker just arrived so I thought I'd finally join the site.  I can't wait to get started.  I'm a total forum geek so you will probably see me actively join the discussions.  I'm particularly excited to make some sausages... but I've still got some accessories to purchase before I'm ready to take that (irreversible) leap. 

A bit about myself.  I live in Eaton, Indiana but I'm from the southeast (western NC /eastern TN).  I love to experiment with food.  I've made several of my own hot sauces and rubs, but I'm pretty new to smoking & curing. 

Thanks to everyone who actively posts here.  I've already learned a ton!
Thought sausage smokin' in the shed. Tickle in the kitchen just losin' that head.

Bear1968

Welcome Neocrunch!
If you have been lurking then you already know that we have some GREAT Sausage Makers in this forum!  :) I would love to see some of your sauce and Rub recipes as well as pics of what they are on! Big on pics around these parts  ;)
UBC Local 268

mikecorn.1

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the smoker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Smokin Soon

Welcome Neo! I have actually been to Eaton. Bunch of us left the dorm at Ball State looking for late night munchies and got lost. Don't remember any details.

Neocrunch

Quote from: Smokin Soon on September 09, 2012, 05:51:05 PM
Welcome Neo! I have actually been to Eaton. Bunch of us left the dorm at Ball State looking for late night munchies and got lost. Don't remember any details.

I teach at Ball State.  I just bought a house out here to get away from all of the college kids.  I've got a few acres of land and a nice 3.5 acre pond.  It's my little slice of the American dream.  I love how quiet and peaceful it is.  No sirens.  No light pollution. No traffic.  Just me, my wife, our dogs and my Bradley smoker.    8)

Thought sausage smokin' in the shed. Tickle in the kitchen just losin' that head.

KyNola

Welcome to the forum.  Ball State, alma mater of David Letterman as I recall.

Neocrunch

Quote from: KyNola on September 09, 2012, 07:02:52 PM

Indeed.  Thanks for the warm welcome. I've paid special attention to your posts on here.  So far, I've read every post through page 65 of the sausage-making section.  I see your name pop up frequently.

Smokin Soon

Yes, I remember David Letterman doing weather in Indy. Ball State is a great University that got wrongly branded as a teachers college in the late 60's. One of my high school buds was Mitch Daniels who we made fun of for spending his summers as a senatorial gopher. Looks like it paid off, he's the gov I think. Living in Norcal, I do miss homes with basements, large lots and 1 or 2 stoplights in town.

KyNola

Quote from: Neocrunch on September 09, 2012, 07:08:36 PM
Quote from: KyNola on September 09, 2012, 07:02:52 PM
Indeed.  Thanks for the warm welcome. I've paid special attention to your posts on here.  So far, I've read every post through page 65 of the sausage-making section.  I see your name pop up frequently.
Yeah, my name pops up frequently saying "Man I wish I could do that"  or "You do what?" :)

SouthernSmoked

Welcome to the forum...Enjoy!

http://www.susanminor.org

Remember we like pic's!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

muebe

Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

Indy Smoker

Welcome fellow Hoosier !!!
Greetings from the Southern part of the State (Lawrencebug)

BAM1

Welcome to your new support group
Pork Stars KCBS BBQ Team
Bradley digital 6 rack w/Auber PID/900w mod
Bradley counter top two rack
Traeger Texas model w/Savannah Stoker
2 Weber Performer charcoal grills
Charbroil SRG
Backwoods Fatboy
KCBS CBJ

beefmann