9 lb Boston Butt for pulled pork stubborn

Started by unclefish, September 16, 2012, 12:18:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

unclefish

Well I put a 9 pounder in last night at 10pm this morning at 5 am 155 degree. 3pm today 176 it has been 17 hours. Must have bought that stubborn one. My vent is at 3/4 open. Opening more will help it or hurt it?

unclefish

Ya starting to get hungry. And 5 o'clock is getting close.. almost 4 here now up to 178°

unclefish

Well 6:10 and it is at 187° 20 hours and almost there. I think this is the longest time it has ever taking for me. I think I had better luck in winter @ 30°

unclefish

I set it at 230 and it stayed 225 to 232 6:30 and 189° I usually go alitte past 190° but I think it is coming out in 10 minutes any ways

unclefish

WELL HERE IS WHAT IS LEFT OF IT. WAS SO HUNGRY FORGOT TO TAKE PICTURES. home made corn bread and my favorit bean recipe. did a vinager sauce on half of it and sweet baby rays brown sugar on other half of that pulled pork.

unclefish

just about 21 hours and it was a nice day in 70s might have dropped down to high 50s at night........ and here I didn't want it to finish till around 3 pm was going fishing in morning..... boy did I GET SUPPRISED......

Consooger

Ive had some butts take upwards to 20 hours. Sometimes I finish off in the oven afterwards. Seems to move it along. I dont FTC i normally just pull after letting cool off about an hour
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

muebe

Nice looking spread!

Most important thing is you got er' done ;)
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)