Boring jerky fix ideas?

Started by fjp110, November 10, 2012, 01:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fjp110

I just ran 10 lbs of London broil jerky through the Bradley and it tastes like dried beef. Not a bad taste just really boring. I used the cabelas sweet sassy molasy cure/marinade.  Then gave it 2 hours of smoke.  It tastes like dry beef with a hint of smoke. The meat is in the dehydrator and I am wondering is there anything I can do to add flavor at this stage if the process?  I tried to sprinkle some spices on but they don't seem to stick. Can it put more smoke on it after it is dry? Most it with water then spices then dry again?

NePaSmoKer

I would spray with some PAM and shake in a zip baggy with some salt or something like that.

Consooger

Ive used this marinade a few times with no issue. How long did you let sit in the marinade if you don't mind me asking. I also with this marinade add some honey and brown sugar and some cayenne or habanero powder for a sweet and spicy kick.
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

fjp110

I let it sit about 12 hours. I think the bottle said 8 or more hours.

Consooger

not sure, maybe the beef was the issue, like I said I never had that issue.
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife