First Week Out The Gate At Raytheon

Started by Oldman, April 06, 2006, 02:50:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Well the first week out the gate at Raytheon was almost flawless. Man-O-man where they ever pleased.

HOWEVER, that was until Friday night at 10:30 pm.  The industry here pays from $6.50 to $7.25 average for vacuuming and spot cleaning without benefits let's contrast that to the $33K over all cost/ package I pay for a single employee. For that kind of monies I take no excuses. I lay out instructions and a person follows them or they are simple gone.

Let's face it Raytheon builds some pretty top secret stuff.  Rule #1 you don't read anything on anyone desk nor anything on the wall boards. Rule #2 you don't go site seeing. Rule #3 you see a dime on the floor pick it up holding it between your thumb and index finger away from your pocket and place it on the desk.

Well last Friday this young man that worked for me came up to one of my partners and said... Hey come over here and look at this proto type stuff....  Well Steve kind-of got onto the young man.  Reminding him that his job is fuzzy stuff and dirt only.  Well hang me by my short hairs but about two hours later when my other partner can in this young man did it again.

Now if that type of action does not raise flags I don't know what does.  By 10am Saturday morning  all three locations had a written letter from me stating that the young man was no longer an employee and not to allow him past the gates.

On Tuesday I was informed by Security that they were surprised at us being so Pro-active.  Seems no vendor before us ever had. 

That young man was fast, good looking, did his work very well, but for some reason he felt he was above the rules.  I guess he will go back to work for another $5.50 per hour job at CVS.

Other than that the many hours/ weeks I took in creating a business plan is paying off in Spades.  I had a back up plan in case something happen and it kick in without a flaw. I do believe I can say, I've got my ducks in a row.

I was hoping to do some smokin' this weekend until I remember I'm giving a spot cleaning class on Saturday.  :-[

The following Saturday I will be working with the employees in the art of running a low moisture machine.  The  Saturday after that it will how to use the HOST SJ system without impacting rug.

Anyone got any extra smoked meat out there you can load me? LOL~~!

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

manxman

QuoteAnyone got any extra smoked meat out there you can load me?

I'll have some bacon soon but may just have a problem getting it through Customs into the USA.  ;D

Notwithstanding the guy you had to fire, glad to hear the Raytheon contract has started off well Raye.
Manxman

ChefBill

Raye,
That action will be an example to all of your other employees that the "Rules Apply to All". This will probably guarantee compliance with the rules by your employees and better business relations with Raytheon. It just happens that way sometimes.  Thanx again for the help the other day on the forum.
If you can eat it, Then You can smoke it

IKnowWood

Good job Raye...  It i refreshing to see that type of commitment to not only the rules, but to the integrity of the work being done by your customer.  The rules are setup to not only protect the disclosure, but also to ensure the integritey of the result and further clarify the purity of the product.

Your work and the image you relay to your employees further shows this.  And they will resond to you and realize there are indeed impacts and implications to that. 

I had a similar case sorta inversed issue where I work and needed someone that did not understand the material and moreso so they could not relay it to anyone.  Not top secret but atill no speaking allowed.  So I worked wth a company I employ and had them hire someone they trust (family ties) and went from paying $8 an hour to $40 an hour to sit on console.  Work was for just more than full-time for 4 weeks.  Once the job was done, he was gone.  He knew, as long as he stayed quiet and only kept close the future, then he might get a chance to come back in the future to make similar money.

Influence works both ways.
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

BigSmoker

Keep up the good work Olds ;).  Sounds like the kid blew a good job to me.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

iceman

WTG Olds. Just like our confiditiality agreements for the control rooms in the oil field. They are for EVERYONE! You take a picture or talk it's bye bye. That example you made of him will get attention for sure. ;)

Kummok

I'm not surprised that your project is proceeding as planned Olds....you've demonstrated time and again that you've got yer act together. I knew Raytheon (GD then) as a retired Fire Marshal....there were places in their CONSTANTLY changing HUGE buildings that you just didn't go, local authority or NOT! Pretty good group of folks to work with.....

Oldman

Thanks all...and ya that kid blew a good job and future. He was at our entry level.  In April I'm sending everyone who is not already IICRC Certified to Carpet Cleaning 101 and in October to an IICRC Upholstery Class. Once they pass the course they receive a certificate and card showing their Certifications. (See below.) Plus they can wear the Certification patch on their uniforms.

Believe me I've known Cleaners who have been in the field 20 years that after those schools came out saying Man did I ever learn a lot. My first school was 16 years ago and every 4 years I take continuing education classes. Today I'm a IICRC Certified Master Textile Cleaner.

With every school they take they get a new card showing what they are Certified in. The card below is mine.

One day if they spend enough years in the field and go to enough schools they will get this card.

There are many other areas of IICRC Certification. However, at my age plus they are not relevant to my business I will not take any more classes. Save but one Commercial Carpet Cleaning.

Last year I sent Steve to school. He came out so pumped up it was not funny. Today he still proud of his Certification.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

MWS

I'm sure my wife wishes I was certified for 'Odor Control'..... ;D  But seriously, way to go Raye
Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"