Chile verde de puerco

Started by SiFumar, November 18, 2012, 05:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SiFumar

Made yesterday for football Sunday. Green Pork Chile

Ka Honu

Mmmm.  SWMBO and I love Chile Verde and yours looks terrific.  Only problem I see is that it's in the wrong place for me to test and compare to other versions.

squirtthecat

JZ

Never tried it but sure would like to. It looks really good.

muebe

Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

3rensho

Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

KyNola

NePaSmoKer

Si,Si,Si

That looks fantastic.

Home sick now  :'(

OU812

SamuelG

SamuelG

SiFumar

Thanks!  Meant to include recipe.....so here it is.

12 tomatillos, husks removed, wash
4 anaheim chilies
2 poblanos chilies
2 jalapenos
4 garlic cloves
1 onion
2 bunches cilantro
10-12 lbs bone in pork butt
salt and pepper
32-50oz chicken broth

Char chilies(I do onion also) Blend in blender with cilantro and garlic.  I add a bit of broth to make easier.  Do in batches.  Cut butt in 1 inch cubes, season with S&P and brown in batches.  I do this because this is how I like it. (otherwise just add everything to pot at one time) Add meat back in pot(I use 16quart) pour in blended chili mix.  I rinse blender out with some of broth to get it all.  Pour rest of broth in pot.  I also throw in the pork butt bone(s) to add flavor. Cook until it's as tender as you like, usually 3-4 hrs.  Good to eat as is, but gets better over night.  Makes a lot, freezes well.  To stretch out for big group make white rice to add to bowl.

Keymaster

Now thats a Masterpiece, nice job!! Thanks for the recipe :)

OU812

Thanks for the recipe,,,,,,,,,,,,,copy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,paste,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,print  ;D

OldHickory

Looks really good.  Chili Verde is a dish we make quite often, especially this time of year, one of my fav's.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.